I need suggestions for a cheapest motherboard which can handle this config-
I7 3770K
Matrix HD7970P
Gskill RipJaws (F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL)
WD 2 TB Black
Corsair HX850W
Corsair Force GS 256GB SSD
LG U2412M

I do have a motherboard Asus MVF and its in RMA. Yesterday i got a new motherboard "so to speak" after 2.5 months and that was DOA.:cry:
I went to the Asus service center, they checked the motherboard/cpu/ram, cpu/ram worked fine but motherboard was not posting. It kept on restarting. They tried with a different cpu but no luck so that board is in RMA again. I cant wait anymore so please help me to get a cheapest MB which can serve my purpose till i get my motherboard back.

Thanks

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Best for you is Intel DZ75ML-45K Motherboard @4600

-
Intel DZ75ML-45K Motherboard - Intel: Flipkart.com

OP
A

abhinav.faujdar

Right off the assembly line
thank you guys for suggestions...
i was thinking to go with a cheap Z77 MB but now i am thinking to go with this - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com

I have CM Storm Stryker cabinet and it supports Micro-ATX boards. Would this MB be able to handle all the parts i am going to install or shall i go with a Z77 board.

This is my rig-
Processor - Intel Core I7 3770K
Motherboard - Asus Maximus V Formula(in RMA)
GPU - Asus Matrix HD 7970 Platinum
RAM - G.Skill RipjawsX 2133MHz(2*4)(F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL)
SSD - Corsair Force GS 240GB
HDD - WD Black 2 TB
Cabinet - CM Storm Stryker
PSU - Corsair HX850 V2
CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i
Monitor - Dell U2412M
Optical Drive - ASUS DRW-24B3ST SATA
UPS - APC Back-UPS 1100VA (BR1100CI-IN)

Thanks

varun004

Journeyman
yeah it will handle everything but turn down your ram frequency and voltage specified for the board before booting in bios.

OP
A

abhinav.faujdar

Right off the assembly line
yeah it will handle everything but turn down your ram frequency and voltage specified for the board before booting in bios.
Do i need to do that or the MB(Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H) itself will set the frequency to 1333 and voltage to req voltage.
Can please someone shed some light on it....

Would it(installing the current RAM sticks in the new MB) affect the RAM sticks??

varun004

Journeyman
just tune down the frequency of ram to board specified and let the voltage be at auto. If it doesnt boot keep tuning down the ram clock.

Cilus

laborare est orare
My suggestion is Intel® Desktop Board DZ75ML-45K @ 4,6K in flipkart. It is similarly priced as the B75M mobo from Gigabyte but offers most of the advanced features of Z77 mobos. It even supports 2400 MHz Ram speed, comes with Gigabit Ethernet port, one X16 PCI-E 3.0 and one PCI-E 2.0 X16 port (@ X4), two PCI-E X1 ports. Also overclocking is supported here.
Check the complete specification here: *www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-dz75ml-45k.html

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
My suggestion is Intel® Desktop Board DZ75ML-45K @ 4,6K in flipkart. It is similarly priced as the B75M mobo from Gigabyte but offers most of the advanced features of Z77 mobos. It even supports 2400 MHz Ram speed, comes with Gigabit Ethernet port, one X16 PCI-E 3.0 and one PCI-E 2.0 X16 port (@ X4), two PCI-E X1 ports. Also overclocking is supported here.
Check the complete specification here: Intel® Desktop Board DZ75ML-45K
:+1: go ahead with z75 chipset rather than b75

Top Bottom