Cheapest laptops (around 35k) with geforce 840m or higher

rahul_manpur

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
around 35k, +- 3k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Any

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

if it would be able to play most newer games, it would probably do almost everything i need.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

given the budget, I'm eying for an i3 with at least geforce 840m

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

reputed brands like dell, hp, lenovo etc preferred, but can settle for some other companies as well

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) ) - any
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) ) - any, just not too less
Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad - Online (flipkart/amazon) or local, if available in my town GAYA, BIHAR

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

Actually my query in short is which are the cheapest laptops which come with geforce 840M? So dont load me up with stuff like "not enough budget for gaming" and "buy a desktop instead". i know my stuff and have already selected laptop models in the 45k budget. I'm just trying to reduce the costs so that i would be still able to do all my stuff at even lower prices. From my experience, I think an i3 would probably do. Sure an i5 would have been a lot better, but I've seen most games (AC, GTA IV, Mafia II, COD etc) run pretty good on a friend's i3. Only bottleneck would be a graphic card so i would like 840M as its lot better than 820M. Most laptops come with 4 GB RAM and 500 GB HDD so that should be fine.

P.S. I would be going to one of the IITs this year so would really like a 1 GBit port instead of 100 Mbps as IITs provide 300+ Mbps link.

OP
R

rahul_manpur

No laptops with 840m under 40k. Lenovo Z50 comes with 840m+fhd screen for ~43-45k

Actually around 45k

Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (3542541TB2BT) Rs.44599 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (3542541TB2BT) Black Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

and

Acer Aspire V5 Series 573G-74508G1Taii Intel Core i7 (4th Gen) - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Linux/4 GB Graphics) Notebook Rs.44990 Price in India - Buy Acer Aspire V5 Series 573G-74508G1Taii Intel Core i7 (4th Gen) - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Linux/4 GB Graphics)

are pretty much the best in class. I'm pretty sure specifications wise no laptop even upto 55k can beat the acer one (i7 ULV + geforce 750M ). Also the Dell one contains backlit keyboard and touch screen (i5 + 840M) at just around 45k.

If anyone has some other alternatives around 40k then PLEASE PLEASE let me know

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^Both the dell and acer laptops have 768p screen. So these aren't the best available in the budget. Touchscreen is a gimmick in 14" or higher laptops unless you can detach the screen.

OP
R

rahul_manpur

if i opt for FHD then i would miss out on the 750M graphics. I dont really care about the i7 on the acer as the performance will be comparable to an i5 (although still marginally better performance on the i7). An 840M is rare actually below 45k and 750M is gold. Thats why the acer one is best in class in the range.

No laptops with 840m under 40k. Lenovo Z50 comes with 840m+fhd screen for ~43-45k

Can you provide link for that??

When I checked, I got Z50 with FHD & GT820M @ 44k

- - - Updated - - -

if i opt for FHD then i would miss out on the 750M graphics. I dont really care about the i7 on the acer as the performance will be comparable to an i5 (although still marginally better performance on the i7). An 840M is rare actually below 45k and 750M is gold. Thats why the acer one is best in class in the range.

My friend bought the Dell one @ 45k, because Acer's build quality isn't top notch (He currently has an Acer laptop which is 5 years old & it just gave up, it started giving problems a year ago). Also Dell has a backlit keyboard & best A.S.S

Also Dell one has Win 8.1

Last edited:
Top Bottom