Cheapest config that can run games on 1600x900

acidCow

Broken In

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Mostly browsing and gaming. Games like Battlefield 4, GTA 4, and Flight Simulator X at high settings at 1600x900.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: I really don't know. I want the cheapest possible configuration that can handle my usage. Maybe 40k.

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8.1

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: 120 GB SSD. I'll add a HDD later.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have a Samsung SyncMaster 2033 (1600x900) and will use it.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Last week of May.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have never built a system before but I'll build this myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Visakhapatnam. Will buy wherever cheapest.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I'm about to be done with my 12th standard and will be moving to a hostel. So this system will mostly be used by my dad for browsing. I'll be using it for gaming when I'm at home. That is why I'm strict on the budget and don't want to upgrade the monitor. However I want to get the best performance out of it. My current system has a 40GB HDD and I've got accustomed to using it. Hence I want to get a 120 GB SSD first and get a HDD when I really need more storage.

Hope I'm clear with everything.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
ssd wont improve the gaming performance except at loading times. also today's games are quite large in size. BF4 is around 24gb. so get a hdd now.
fx 6300 - 7.2k
msi 970a g43- 5.2k
kingston hyperx blu 4gb - 2.7k /corsair vengeance / gskill ripjaws x
r9 270x - 15k
wd blue 1tb -3.8k
asus odd - 1k
antec vp550p - 3.5k
cooler master elite 311 - 2.3k

OP
acidCow

acidCow

Broken In
ssd wont improve the gaming performance except at loading times. also today's games are quite large in size. BF4 is around 24gb. so get a hdd now.
fx 6300 - 7.2k
msi 970a g43- 5.2k
kingston hyperx blu 4gb - 2.7k /corsair vengeance / gskill ripjaws x
r9 270x - 15k
wd blue 1tb -3.8k
asus odd - 1k
antec vp550p - 3.5k
cooler master elite 311 - 2.3k

Thank you for your suggestion. Is it possible to get a cheaper GPU that can still meet my demands?
Anyway I was checking out Sapphire's R9-270Xs and I found three versions : Dual X, VAPOR-X, and TOXIC. How do they differ? Also there's ASUS's R9-270X. How does this compare to those three ?
And can also you give me some other cabinet options? I don't quite like how the Elite 311 looks.

@op get WD Black if you can

It costs a lot more than WD Blue. Where can I notice the performance increase? Will the PC boot up faster? Games load faster? And is it worth spending an extra 3k over WD Blue?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel core i3 4130 -7600,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600Mhz -2800,
Corsair VS550 -3200,
Sapphire R9 270X 2GB -15000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3800,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1100,
Antec V1 -3000.
TOTAL -42,000.

Acidcow go to Arun Computers,CTC,Park Lane,Secunderabad and ask for Mr.Ramu you will get good price over the total system.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you for your suggestion. Is it possible to get a cheaper GPU that can still meet my demands?
Anyway I was checking out Sapphire's R9-270Xs and I found three versions : Dual X, VAPOR-X, and TOXIC. How do they differ? Also there's ASUS's R9-270X. How does this compare to those three ?
And can also you give me some other cabinet options? I don't quite like how the Elite 311 looks.

It costs a lot more than WD Blue. Where can I notice the performance increase? Will the PC boot up faster? Games load faster? And is it worth spending an extra 3k over WD Blue?

todays games are quite demanding. get the best within you budget. regarding different 270x versions, you get what ever suits you budget. all are good.
you can consider betfenix merc alpha/corsair spec 01 or nzxt gamma(if available).
regarding wd black, it should be around 1k higher than the blue. it can not be 3k higher !!

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
WD black 1TB costs 6K.,..
The dualx,vaporX,triX are different types of coolers used..... triX>vaporX>DualX in terms of cooling.... @ normal working conditions the dualX will meet ur requirements

Cilus

laborare est orare
I won't recommend to spend 3k extra for WD black hdd. Currently some of the transcend value ssd of 128GB size are available around 4 to 5k. So save the money and buy that ssd for OS and couple of games to be installed.

Top Bottom