Cheaper alternatives to Nexus 4.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1. Budget? 15k (max 20k)
2. Display type and size? 4" capacitive touchscreen.
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? anything except cr@p chinese brands like Micromax, lava, zen, karbonn, etc
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. minimum 5mp AF with hd recording, Flash (if available) should be active while recording videos. Front camera not a priority.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Android ICS or above
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. Bluetooth 3.0 or 4.0 is necessary. a micro-sd card slot will be good. 3.5 mm audio jack is important. Is USB OTG available at this price?
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Just want the default OS to be much closer to stock ICS/JB.
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? in the order of preferrence multimedia> gaming>internet. Expected standby time 4-5 days and battery life more than 1 day for average usage.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Xperia L
12. Any other info that you want to share. I originally wanted Nexus 4 but its indian pricing overshoots my budget. So, are there any good alternatives with medium dev support, easy to root and install custom roms/kernels? user replacable battery is a priority, but can do with a fixed battery if replacement is not costly. Don't want to buy samsung's plastic android mushrooms.

SHOULD I WAIT 2-3 MONTHS FOR N4 PRICES TO GO DOWN?

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
LG L9 is a good phone under 20k other than L
Although L9 has official CM support.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
First of all there are no cheaper alternatives to N4. No device can match it's raw power even in 30k range. wrong title dude. :blink:

quagmire

Allllright !
@OP, If you've got any relatives/ friends in US you can get a N4 w/o warranty for 21k..

Looking at the current trend dual krait procc. won't appear on (lower) mid range devices till end of the year at least..

So, Xperia L is your best bet..

EDIT: Optimus F3.. If its a dual krait with decent specs is the right phone for you.

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
I'm looking for a phone for my dad,20 k budget.
But he need a good display so that he can see the display outdoor(he is currently using Nokia 5800 )
And bigger digits on the dial pad.I'm currently considering s3 mini (can connect to my smart tv)
but reading this thread I'm considering Sony l and l9.any other opinions?

L9 has good custom ROM support

I'm looking for a phone for my dad,20 k budget.
But he need a good display so that he can see the display outdoor(he is currently using Nokia 5800 )
And bigger digits on the dial pad.I'm currently considering s3 mini (can connect to my smart tv)
but reading this thread I'm considering Sony l and l9.any other opinions?

Since its for dad, Nokia Lumia 820 @ 21k is also a option worth considering

OP
SaiyanGoku

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@OP, If you've got any relatives/ friends in US you can get a N4 w/o warranty for 21k..

Looking at the current trend dual krait procc. won't appear on (lower) mid range devices till end of the year at least..

So, Xperia L is your best bet..

EDIT: Optimus F3.. If its a dual krait with decent specs is the right phone for you.

nobody in USA :(
Optimus f3 isn't launched yet.

Go for L9 If u want a good big screen and battery too..
Else XL.

I'm confused between CM support and better overall specs.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Hws the display?and I'm new to win 8,how good are the apps ( he likes utility apps,scan to PDF,currency converter, etc)

The screen is good as its a AMOLED one and also WP8 has all the basic apps like those mentioned by you :)

Top Bottom