Cheap gamepad query

Hi, My wrists have started paining due to gaming on KB + mouse, so I am going to buy a cheap gamepad. The onlu doubt I have is weather I can play most games from it (considering the use of Xbox controller emulator) will it work only with a couple of games?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
most games already support generic Gamepads and for those that dont (like UT3, Halo 2 etc), you can use Xbox360CEMU which can be complicated at first but you will need to edit it only once.. you can use the same file for different games..
Ive been using a cheap frontech one, and it has lasted me 1.5 years and it's still in great working condition..
But nothing beats a Xbox360 controller in terms of comfort ..
PS:weather whether

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yep, the way 360 controller is made, you can hold it for a couple of hours and still have no pain in the back of the hand (atleast for me).. Build quality is also top notch and the thumbsticks respond quite well

If your controller shares the same layout as my frontech, i could give you my xbox360cemu.ini file and it should work..

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Buy Xbox 360 controller.. don't waste money on other brands. its very comfortable and one can use it for long gaming sessions. only once or twice I had some pain in my wrists due to heavy gaming.. that's all

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Dear RCuber, please have a look at my signature. Did you see any graphic card (other than a SPARE 8400GS) ? No? Well then until I get one, a good one, I'm not spending any significant amount of money on anything. I hope you understand the gravity of the situation :-D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Dear RCuber, please have a look at my signature. Did you see any graphic card (other than a SPARE 8400GS) ? No? Well then until I get one, a good one, I'm not spending any significant amount of money on anything. I hope you understand the gravity of the situation :-D
hehe.. I suggested based on the following question
The onlu doubt I have is weather I can play most games from it

I disable signature and avatars for cleaner layout .. so obviously I didn't see your signature and hence my reply :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ 700 doubtful, 1K possible.

check with nightmare
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/165762-white-wired-xbox-360-pc-controller-1100-a.html

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
First of all get a controller only if your into racing,fighting games(like Mortal combat etc etc) and its usefull for driving cars and flying planes in gta and others.
If your only into FPS then avoid getting a controller its useless

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
^^ 700 doubtful, 1K possible.

check with nightmare
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/165762-white-wired-xbox-360-pc-controller-1100-a.html

Thanks, I'm concidering that.

What types of game you are planning to play on controller ??

^ microsoft flight simulator x, nfs hp and shift 2, fifa, sleeping dogs, hitman absolution, dirt 3. I'll play FPS games with KB+mouse, so that's not an issue. I just want to avoid a situation where I'm able to play only a couple of games using the gamepad.

gameranand

Living to Play
Its better to stick to KB+ Mice rather than buying a chepo controller which won't give you required comfort while playing. :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So, what I have understood is we have two pills.

1. Blue pill: Don't buy any controller, and just be happy playing on KB. Live tension free about any kind of compatibility issues whatsoever.
2. Red pill: Buy an XBox controller even if it hurts some bank balance. Best ergonomics. Full compatibility. Complete paisa vasool.

Am I right pals? or Am I right? :D

Top Bottom