Cheap & Best PC - Budget 8 to 10k

rahuleyes

Broken In
Ok one of my friend needs a real low budget PC. I told him to wait till Dollar price gets down, but he is eager to buy it this week.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Home PC, Internet Browsing, MS Office Applications, No gaming. Wish to get most feasible things in given budget.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 8 to 10k maximum

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 Ultimate

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: No Hard drive needed (I have one with me)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: If its feasible in budget its ok otherwise i will buy a TFT or cheap LCD moniter later (suggest if i am missing anything !!)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have SATA HDD 250gb, KB, Mouse, Speakers, Headphones, Moniter.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within 1 week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have a assembler friend

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Ahmedabad, Local Buying, No online shopping.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I Know the importance of PSU, but as am asking for real low budget pc, if there is no other choice than i have to compromise in local cabinet (built in psu). I am ready for that.
I prefer for Intel based pc, but if its not under given budget am fine with AMD.

Also would like to point, PC Build Questionnaire Template link posted here is wrong, it has extra "L" in html :)

Thanks.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
10k is very much low for a PC but as you don't want to buy HDD,KB,Mouse,Speakers,Monitor, So you need essentially 4 more components which are as follows:

Intel Pentium G2020 -3500,
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H -3400
Corsair value Select 4 GB -2000
Antec VP350 - 2000,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1000
TOTAL -11900.

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
Thanks for your reply bavusani,

I want to clear few things, as i was out of this field since long, i cant understand things just by name.
Intel Pentium G2020 -3500, is a CPU is suppose.
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H -3400 is a mother board i suppose (it supports USB 3.0 ports?)
Corsair value Select 4 GB -2000 (This is DDR2 or DDR3 rams ?)
Antec VP350 - 2000, (Whats this ? PSU ?)
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1000 (i dont need DVD or CD reader/writer for now, will buy and attach it later)
What about cabinet ?
This config has built in graphics ?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks for your reply bavusani,

I want to clear few things, as i was out of this field since long, i cant understand things just by name.
Intel Pentium G2020 -3500, is a CPU is suppose.
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H -3400 is a mother board i suppose (it supports USB 3.0 ports?)
Corsair value Select 4 GB -2000 (This is DDR2 or DDR3 rams ?)
Antec VP350 - 2000, (Whats this ? PSU ?)
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1000 (i dont need DVD or CD reader/writer for now, will buy and attach it later)
What about cabinet ?
This config has built in graphics ?

Intel Pentium G2020 -3500, CPU
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H -3400, Motherboard which supports USB3.0
Corsair value Select 4 GB -2000, DDR3
Antec VP350 - 2000, PSU
NZXT Gamma -2400. Cabinet
TOTAL -11,300.

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
Re: Cheap & Best PC - Budget 8 to 10k

@bavusani,

Brother, in such a low budget pc, are you really in favour of spending 4400/- for PSU and Cabby ? I know the importance of PSU, but as we are here trying to lower the budget as much as possible, is it worth investing 4400 for just these 2 things. Is it fine, if i go for local cabby with inbuilt cheap psu OR it is necessary to buy mentioned psu+cabby for the given configuration (incase local psu wont be able to handle the given config).

Also reply about if Corsair value select 4GB ram will be 2x2 or single 4gb stick ? how much Mhz ? Can i add more RAM later ?

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
if you dont want to add any graphics card then you can go with local PSU+cabinet.
But quality power will ensure long lasting operation of your components. So I would say get a local cabinet & get the VP350.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

@bavusani,

Brother, in such a low budget pc, are you really in favour of spending 4400/- for PSU and Cabby ? I know the importance of PSU, but as we are here trying to lower the budget as much as possible, is it worth investing 4400 for just these 2 things. Is it fine, if i go for local cabby with inbuilt cheap psu OR it is necessary to buy mentioned psu+cabby for the given configuration (incase local psu wont be able to handle the given config).

Also reply about if Corsair value select 4GB ram will be 2x2 or single 4gb stick ? how much Mhz ? Can i add more RAM later ?

dont under estimate the importance of a psu. It is the heart of your system. if it cant function well , none of the other components works well. you will understand the importance of your psu only when cheap psu makes problems with you.You can go for cheap cabby. But you should atleast get antec bp300p as suggested. or get antec vp450p now which is future proof if you ever want to upgrade in near future.

for ram i suggest to get single 4gb ram if budget permits.

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
10k is very much low for a PC but as you don't want to buy HDD,KB,Mouse,Speakers,Monitor, So you need essentially 4 more components which are as follows:

Intel Pentium G2020 -3500,
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H -3400
Corsair value Select 4 GB -2000
Antec VP350 - 2000,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1000
TOTAL -11900.

Update: Thanks for all the support, It was unfortunate that due to personal reasons my friend lost his budget and wasn't able to buy the given configuration. But now budget is ready and we are going to buy the above config in 2 or 3 days. Since its been more than 6 months, i would request to update if there are any critical update/changes etc.

Another thing, now we need a new LED Monitor (19 inches or more, Cheap and Best, Great performance, HD graphics, HDMI input) Maximum budget for such monitor is 6 to 8k

Thanks.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Update: Thanks for all the support, It was unfortunate that due to personal reasons my friend lost his budget and wasn't able to buy the given configuration. But now budget is ready and we are going to buy the above config in 2 or 3 days. Since its been more than 6 months, i would request to update if there are any critical update/changes etc.

Another thing, now we need a new LED Monitor (19 inches or more, Cheap and Best, Great performance, HD graphics, HDMI input) Maximum budget for such monitor is 6 to 8k

Thanks.

Dell IN2030M 19" LED -7400.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

Thanks.

dell s2240l at 8.5k. there is no competition here for this monitor till now.

- - - Updated - - -

Dell IN2030M 19" LED -7400.

:lol::lol:
it doesn't have hdmi either.

ashishdeora

Right off the assembly line
for cabinet i bought one from circle for rs.980 with 240w smps. i dont know the model. for monitor you can get samsung s19b150b for rs.5735. no hdmi but.

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In

Thanks everybody for updates.
@rijinpk1 - will go for that monitor, though the price is high, but such a superb thing in such price is unavoidable. Thanks a lot.
@bavusani - Corsair value Select 4 GB DDR3 Ram (it is 1333Mhz or 1600Mhz) Which one to buy ? If i buy 1600Mhz its okay ? If possible can you please tell me the model number of Corsair ram. These days corsair value select and Vengeance 4GB rams are having similar price. Which one is better ?

My dealer said Antec VP350p is not available, He suggested me to go for Antec VP450p, Is it fine to buy Antec VP450p ?

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Thanks everybody for updates.
@rijinpk1 - will go for that monitor, though the price is high, but such a superb thing in such price is unavoidable. Thanks a lot.
@bavusani - Corsair value Select 4 GB DDR3 Ram (it is 1333Mhz or 1600Mhz) Which one to buy ? If i buy 1600Mhz its okay ? If possible can you please tell me the model number of Corsair ram. These days corsair value select and Vengeance 4GB rams are having similar price. Which one is better ?

My dealer said Antec VP350p is not available, He suggested me to go for Antec VP450p, Is it fine to buy Antec VP450p ?

Go with Dell S2240L @ 8.2k
Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600Mhz @ 2.6k
Antec VP450P @ 2.6k

All the above said components are very VFM.

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
I was looking at Motherboard specs, It has 1333Mhz but 1600Mhz is mentioned nowhere... Is it okay to buy 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM for motherboard which supports 1333Mhz max. Higher frequency is better ? One more thing ... There is something called Latency mentioned in RAMs, which one to go.

I was looking at Motherboard specs, It has 1333Mhz but 1600Mhz is mentioned nowhere... Is it okay to buy 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM for motherboard which supports 1333Mhz max. Higher frequency is better ? One more thing ... There is something called Latency mentioned in RAMs, which one to go.

> Yes, you can safely use 1600 MHz RAM in boards supporting only 1333 MHz RAM. The RAM will automatically downclock to 1333 MHz.

> CL9 latency RAM will be most common. Don;t worry too much about this though.

> Antec VP450 will to overkill for the config. Get Antec BP300 from Flipkart instead.

Top Bottom