cheanging the start up sound......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
in winXP (in any windows) u can cheange the start up or other action sound to any (*.wav) sound...... but there is a time limit...... how can i make windows to play a larger file (near about 2mins).....

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
there is a limit ??? . does it stop when u run a file that runs over 2 mins ??? btw , why would u want start up to run music for over 2 mins ? if u have a big file , try creating a shortcut to the file and add to start up in programs

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
try creating a shortcut to the file and add to start up in programs
i thought then it has load player to play the file..... if it is then it might going to cause a slow start up.....

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
i just tried a file around 1:30 mins . it works in win2k . will check in xp . not sure why it shouldnt work . btw , when running in winamp , tell us what is the properties given for the file in view info . codec , frequency and stuff . just try running any other wav file . Btw , if it does stay around 20 sec , i think i know why . It was irritating having the music run , well after every thing was loaded and u still had it running on and on . anyways , try another file , pure .wav (some are renamed as wav , might be mp3) and tell

KoRn

In the zone
how do i change the startup tone cuz aurav atleast knows how 2 do it but i dont.help guys.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
control panel->sounds there change WINDOWS START UP n all other windows related sounds.. as simple as that :D

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@klinux....

i converted a file (.mp3) to (.wav) by nero wave editor... u know if the extesion is any other than (.wav) it wont work......

Status
Not open for further replies.