changing ram values

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
I heard from someone that windows loads from the 80thposition into the ram is it true.If it is if a program changes the binary value in the 80th position from 1-0 or 0-1,wat will happen

theraven

Technomancer
boss ram is volatile
so every time u switch off ur pc theres nuthing in ur ram
certain files do get loaded into the ram while the os boots up .. but these are ( and ofcourser need to be ) refreshed everytime u restart !
hence the point of changing anything in 80th ( or any other mem location ) in the ram just doesnt arise
besides how were u planning to access ur ram to change the "80th position" ?
;)
another quality post by vasanth !

OP
V

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
Answer

vo dont teach me about volatile memory and static memory.If u dont know to change the value of ram say dont know.Dont say its impossible
c,mon cant u even figure out that i was talking when the computer was on anyway u can change the value of ram using c (using pointers)if u like try asking any c programmer i was asdking the immediate consequences

swatkat

Technomancer
do one thing, u go to DOS prompt, and type debug, and u will get a prompt, here u simply type d and press Enter, u will get a Memory Dump, note the starting address of the dump. u will get something like 1072:0010, this means the programs r loaded from ((1072*10)+0010)th byte in RAM. locations before this one r used by IVTs, some DOS routines etc....so u cannot change it, if u change it, as i said above u will get "Invalid Page Fault" error.... ;-)

theraven

Technomancer
listen u prick
i didnt say i dunno how to change the value of ram
i asked IF U KNOW how to do it
with ur utterly noobish questions i dunno what to expect
temme one thing
if after ur windows is loaded u change the contents of the booting mem location somehow (if its still there) then do u think its gonna take effect after u restart ?
moronish questions get such replies
garbage in garbage out !

swatkat

Technomancer
ok...u were talkin of changin the value from 1 to 0 or 0 to 1, i thought u were talking abt chaning the mem. postition of the code....

if u can change the value at 80th position, and if u change it, the code or data at that position gets changed (ofcourse), and the program which occupies that memory location, will crash.... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom