CDs and DVDs not Autoplaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naren Parker

Broken In
Hi Guys
***if u've seen this thread somewer else in this forum, kindly excuse me as i just thot that puttin a query in 1 more section will enable getting a quicker reply.*** :)

I have just bought a Liteon - LH20A1S SATA DVD writer... Got a peculiar problem...Everything is fine but I am unable to Autoplay CDs and DVDs which can autoplay...Tried changing every setting there is...even searched in the Group Policy Editor, tried disabling unwanted services...removed the drive from device manager and re-enabled it, disabled and enabled autoplay from TweakUI...what not???? But in vain...

But when I disable the option which says "Enable digital CD audio for this device" in the drive's properties dialog box, the media are autoplayin...now in My Computer the drive gets identified as a CD drive...Then those which have an autorun.inf file autoplay but i dont get the dialog box to choose from the various autoplaying options...like open with powerdvd, burn usin nero etc etc...tried enablin this option from the autoplay tab in drive properties but still i dont get the option to choose the autoplay options...

But after restart it gets identified as a DVD-RAM drive and the same problem crops up again...im just not able to get this thing to autoplay...

The same thing happened with my older Sony Drive...

What should I do? Will reinstallin XP SP2 without formatting solve the problem???? Or is there a way out???

Thanks....

CA50

Cyborg Agent
This may help :
Open regedit goto -HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1, restart ur pc and ur prob will be solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom