CD Writer problems....Strange ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hello all...

First of all, please dont be surprised to know that I am still using a CD writer...Yeah..I am an outdated DODO...Anyways, back to my problem...

I have a LG CD writer..Dont know model details..Its just a writer, not a Combo drive...

The problem with my writer is that it has STOPPED detecting "writable" CDs...That means that although it can read normal CDs, it cannot detect blank CDs or multisessioned CDs. I tried everything from cleaning the optical lens to re-installing the drivers..(I know the problem isnt with the drivers, since normal CDs are being read)...

Any idea what might be wrong?? Will I have to say goodbye to the wretched thing?? Any idea what is the warranty period for an optical drive?? I bought that piece in last August...

Looking for replies....Thanx in advance...

HK

Official Techie

In the zone
where is the problem
lets consider u use nero so is the problem when after adding files u click on the burn button then it says insert cd though u have inserted it or anything else coz if u just insert a blank cd u will not be able to see it through windows xplorer

OP
H

h_kunte

Journeyman
I always insert the CD first & then add files to be burned...But still the CD fails to get detected...Same with a multisessioned disk which has some free space left...

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I think it is time to goodbye.....your cd-writer....but you said you bought it last august....then you have under warranty periods.....

So there is a chance to visit nearest service center or hardaware vendor from where you buy it....with your problem.

Before you visit the service center....you must try the drive in another machine....say your friends machine...to cheeck the problem is resides or not?

I have face the same type of problem with my previous Samsung CD-writer after heavy using 3.5 years and replace it with Sony's DVD writer.

But your optical drive is new than mine.....

robin345

Broken In
Dude ,Don`t feel bad that you still use Cd-writer ..I also use Cd-writer .
I have no use of Dvd Writer b`coz i use my HD3 as a removable drive .

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Check the moltex cables etc,try updating the firmware,Check wheather it is the Secondry Master and not slave....

Tushar.bar

Journeyman
change IDE cable,add it to another computer after that contact LG 4 service
i think u have 1 yr warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom