CD/DVD Burning SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

src2206

In the zone
Hi Friends,
I have been using Nero for quite some time now but it is giving me a lot of trouble. Most cases the Data verificatioin fails and the CD is not authored properly.
Can you suggest some other Authoring softwares [preferably free] which is better and more reliable than Mero and also light on system resources?
Thank you

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Yes I can but still it is atleast showing me that the burn process is not completed properly. Could you provide a link to deep burner?
Thank you

Vyasram

The pWnster
alcohol120 is a virtual cd emu/cd image writing tool.
db doesn't support dv

try cd burner xp pro, it has dv and a good one

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Thanks Vyasram,
I downloaded and tried to use Cd burner XP Pro but it is giving me an error massege something like ASCII or something is reset during burning and the burn process failed!!??!!
Any idea?
I am using XP Pro with SP2

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Free cd buring tools
CD/DVD Burning:

Code:
Burn4Free - *www.burn4free.com/ 
Burnatonce - *www.burnatonce.com/ 
Burrrn - *www.burrrn.net/ 
CDBurnerXP - *www.cdburnerxp.se/ 
CDRDAO - *cdrdao.sourceforge.net/ 
CDR Tools Frontend - *demosten.com/cdrfe/ 
Deepburner - *www.deepburner.com/ 
DVD Backup Xpress - *www.dvdbackupxpress.com/
DVD Decrypter: *fileforum.betanews.com/downlo...r/1011845169/1 
Easy Burning, DropCD & Audio CD - *www.paehl.de/cdr 
Flash CD Burning Software - *www.twistermp3.com/flashcdburner/
ImgBurn - *www.imgburn.com/ 
OCCT - *www.ocbase.com/downocct.html 
Toast Burn-In Tool - *www.benchmarkhq.ru/fclick/fclick.php?fid=172

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Hi kalpik,
Thanks I restarted and the problem is solved. But honestly is cd burner xp pro completely reliable?

Hi gary4gar,
Thank you though quite overwhelming! Could you please suggest any two or three of them in terms of reliability, features and data verification?
Thank you again.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Ok, for making your own compilations, CD Burner XP or Deep Burner are good. For burning images, nothig even touches ImgBurn. Its even better than nero.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
i personnaly suggest u nero has i am using it for 2 yrs.when nero fails i use the inbuilt win xp cd buring.so i can't suggest can one of these. i personnly did't tries all because i felt no need apart from nero,k3b(linux) or inbuilt cd burning(win-xp_

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Hi Kalpik,
Thank you very much.

Hi gary4gar,
I have started using Nero in 2001 as it came bundled with my compaq PC. I got next version of Nero with my CDRW LG drive. Presently I use nero 7 but to my surprise it has started giving me a lot of trouble in terms of data verification. Most cases it shows that data verification failed (indifferent to what type of cd I am burning) and I found out that the data is not recorded properly in the CD in every case. That is why I am planing to move away from Nero. Moreover Nero is horribly resource hungry.
Thank you

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Info: I burnt a image succesfully [Data verifacation was also successfull] with ImgBurn, the same image which Nero failed.
Thank you Kalpik.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
now i am more in into gnu/linux so i haven't used nero 7. ya try to update to latest version because they released some fixes. the initial release was a total crap

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@src2206: Nero 7 is total crap (even the latest version, gary4gar). The best nero version would be v6.6.0.18 or v6.6.1.4 (if u have >=512 mb of RAM). If you dont find links to these versions, tell me ill search for them. Im too lazy to search now :p

OP
src2206

src2206

In the zone
Regarding Nero 7 I fully agree with you. As you are suggesting previous nero versions, does it mean that CD Burner XP Pro is not that reliable?
BTW I do not have the links :).
Thanks
PS: please go to the last page to check my latest post :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom