CD Drive not accepting any CD/DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewinster

Broken In
I Have Lenovo Y510, bought last june/july.

Some days back I tried playing an Audio CD on it. It played properly and then after a while it started skipping some tracks.

For some two weeks, I never used any CD/DVD but after that I tried to use one CD. When I inserted the CD, the drive ejected it within two-three seconds. I am not sure what is teh problem.

The drive is a slot drive, and is a DVD Writer.

I run Windows Vista Home edition 32 bit.

The Last time I asked this question, somebody told me it might be a virus. I have scanned my computer for viruses and disinfected it. :)

The problem still persists. What might it be?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Data on the disk is gone bad or something gone wrong during burning- or the source itself is bad. Try to extract the music to your system- hopefully you should get the music files intact.
After that take isopropyl alcohol which you will get it in any medical stores with a lint free cloth and clean the disk from the inner circle to the outer circumference. DO NOT clean the disks in clockwise or anti clock wise.
Do backup data from the disk to your system before doing this.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Oh. Then its an issue on the dvd drive. Give it to the dealer who will forward it to the lenovo service station. They might repair or replace the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom