CD burning issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradeepbp

A human, I use Ubuntu
The problem is as below:

Whenever I try to burn data to CD, the burning progress bar shows some progress but stops afterwards. Even after waiting for reasonable good time, the writing is not complete and the CD drive hangs (I mean, I cannot eject it). But ultimately the CD remains blank. I have tried both Nero Express 6.3.1.6 and Roxio CD Creator. But the behaviour is same. I am using P4 with WinXP (SP 2).
Somebody,please help out.

yashved

Broken In
May be the problem is with the lens of yr CD Writer (CD Drive). Try with Win98 if you can install one on another drive to check whether its a software problem or a problem with the CD Writer....

OP
pradeepbp

pradeepbp

A human, I use Ubuntu
I have also found out that I can wtite to rewritable disks without any problem, but normal write once CDs are out of question.

khansdream

Journeyman
You told us the configuration of your PC and OS.

What about ur Writer Brand Name/Model..???;)

The problem lies in ur writer, tell us the brand name and c if v can do something.

OP
pradeepbp

pradeepbp

A human, I use Ubuntu
The make of burner is LITE-ON COMBO SHC.

yes abhijit, it supports the burning softwares. I was using the same driver for the last one year with Nero and Roxio.

I think the burner has become problematic. But the fact that even now it writes, erases and rewrites to re-writable discs baffles me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom