catch 22 situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

murali_crst

Right off the assembly line
hi friends,I'm using a 256MB SDRAM & my motherboard doesn't support a DDR RAM;so shud i upgrade my SDRAM(which is outdated or being phasd out)or shud i go & buy a new motherboard & a DDR(finanacial constraint:confused:)so plzzzzz suggest me the best possiblity

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Go for a motherboard supporting ddr2 RAM.They are available for as low as Rs.3k.Then you can sell off your current RAM module and gor for even a gb of ddr2 RAM(around 1.2k)

sakumar79

Technomancer
An extra 256 MB SDRAM will set you off by about 1 k while adding 512 MB SDRAM will set you off by about 2k... If you are using XP or older version of windows, or perhaps linux, and dont use any very-intensive software, you should stick with the current config and upgrade just the RAM for now...

Arun

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
^ I was in the same fix 1 month ago.
I checked SDRAM prices in NP and was appalled to learn that SDRAM has almost disappeared from the markets.
The few distributors who can source it from the manufacturers wanted d pound of flesh in return.
You are better off buying a new mobo, proccie and RAM. I just upgraded.
If you want SDRAM and are based in Delhi, perhaps i can sell you mine cheap. But first, check the markets for the price and tell me how much you are willing to spend and then decide if you are ready to upgrade now or wait a few months.
If the latter, I advice atleast wait til november for the Penryn core intel processors, Barcelona from AMD and the X38 mobos. Their launch will have a trickle down effect on every other product in the markets and you may get upgrades cheaper.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
I too advise you to wait till november end to make your upgrades.In the meantime save some more and keep an eye on Bazaar section.

Status
Not open for further replies.