career planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

debrajdey1975

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I am also confused about my career. I am 32 +, passed my intermediate ( I.Com) in late 1995, tried to complete my graduation passed my two years but lastly failed, due to some terrible disasters at home which last for around three years . Presently I am working as a support engineer in a Hardware computer company for the last two years. I have a total experience of around 9 + years in this field.
Now suddenly It struck that as the age goes up 40 +, it would be ambrasing to go to some home to service the system, I am looking for a more stable career in my coming years where I could have the liberty to work despite of my age.
Although I have tought of options such as software programer or doing CCNA or MCSE. Which would be appropriate for me looking at my present working culture.
Please help.
Regards
And Thanks in advance.
Debraj Dey

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
U r 32+ and still thinking what to do??!!!

As u've 9+ yrs of experience in H/W (r u familiar with, LAN, WAN etc Networking related things?)
If yes go for CCNA and CCNP.
Companies will grab u like anything as U've such huge exp.

Don't waste further time, go for some networking related certification. (U can even look for System administration related domain).

Let other users put their comments.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
I am shocked to see tht at the age 32+ you are planing for your career..anyways do as rhitwick hv said...........

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ANY MORE

I am shocked to see tht at the age 32+ you are planing for your career..anyways do as rhitwick hv said and yaa ...........

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ANY MORE

Last edited:
OP
D

debrajdey1975

First off all thanks for your reply it is really motivating.

Is not doing the gradustion effect the suggestion.

Regards
Debraj Dey

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
First off all thanks for your reply it is really motivating.

Is not doing the gradustion effect the suggestion.

Regards
Debraj Dey
If u want (what "want"? u should), u can finish ur graduation from open universities.
MNCs and some big companies may create problem as u r not graduate but small companies won't have problems.

Go for Open universities and certifications.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Graduation is a must...

Dis regard what other say...U are 32+..u dont want to play around r8??..hence the re-evaluation.... U need to get a Graduate Degree... even if distance or anything like that..get the best you can....

and another one.. improve ur english language..i am very sure it would help you a tonne.

If i sound rude..sorry mate..but i am sure in long run u will come to appreciate it.. :)

U have 9+ years exp in h/w engg..its very good... if u have MCSE, CCNA or CCIE... u can get jobs like snap.... CCIE..very few have this one..if u get this..ur set for life...

And programming??...u do know that learning and mastering a lang comes in practice not in theory right??... i am 8 or 7 years into programming from my 12th days...i am still learning... :).... ofcourse there are LOTS that doing FAR better than me..coz they are VERY good at it... :)

i am sure tat this age a deviation of fields will be very hard or unbearable for you..unless ur that much motivated or determined...if ur not DONT...if you are..let nothing stop you from achieving what u want

circular_q

Broken In
Yes, you should definitely go for a degree, preferably in computers. Open universities would be an obvious choice. Get certifications like MCSE (Windows), CCNA/CCNP, Solaris or Linux certifications, depending on what you know and have experience with.

You should be looking towards getting promoted to systems administrator/IT manager (either in the same company or in a new company). Since you have 9+ years experience in this field, it might be of great help.

raju143

Hey,

Information about career scope in the field of Networking, IT Security and related domains can be found at the homepage of Onix Academy. This is the link *www.onixacademy.com

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom