Career in .Net or Java ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dev747

Right off the assembly line
I have completed my B.E. in Computer Engineering this year (2015). I have following doubts regarding careers.
I want to work in Software development mostly with Java. So I’m currently pursuing a course in Java EE from NIIT. I have no knowledge of .Net at present. But I have received a job offer for .Net developer for which they will provide training. I have also heard that OOPs concepts are same in Java and .Net. Should I go for it?

a) So I would like to know statistics on present status of .Net in contrast to Java on parameters like number of jobs available in India and abroad, career growth, number of industrial users of both platforms, etc. In short I would like to know which platform is better for career ?

b) After working on either platform (Java or .Net) for some time, is it possible to switch to other easily? Is it possible to maintain expertise in both simultaneously?

Please guide.

mitraark

Decrepit
Stats might be in favour of Java over .net but what actually matters is the concepts.

Basically you have to be good at whatever you're learning, once you do that you can easily grasp other technologies.

Any platform is being rendered obsolete in a matter of years now, you have to constantly keep learning new stuff, you cannot forever be a Java or .NET developer.

OP
D

Dev747

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for guidence.
But got few doubts -

1) Lets say if one having few years experiance in .Net want to switch to Java, then will his .Net experiance be considered for Java position ? If no, then how to tackle such situations ? Any suggestions ?

2) I've heard from many that on an average .NET developers earn less than Java Developers for same amount of experiance . I have also seen this scenario from few salary survey websites. What is your opinion ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom