career guidance-help me choose a branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
hi
jus finished my +2 and wrote a bulk of competitive exams.awaiting results.
and as for my interests i have this great passion for computers.
i learnt python and javascript on my own while in +2.i spend most of my day before my pc.
and i love physics.(more than math)
so guys please help me choose between ECE and CS.
and also someone please list their merits and demerits.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I'll tell you as a second year engg student, doing CSE. I've got lots of good friends in ECE too, so I know about that too.

Quick Summary
--------------

ECE = problems, problems, problems in every semester, and some theory.
CSE = fking boring dry theory. my class looks more like a paying guest accomodation... we pay to sleep in class.

Subjects
---------
if you are extremely interested in computers, and from what i see from your description, you should take CS. you'll find it easier, but you'll get VERY bored. Very. trust me.
If you like problems and spending your day doing derivations and with your calculator, take ECE. its more tough, but more interesting.

labs
----

cs = AC labs, in front of the comp. debugging should be simple for you.
ece = sweat it out, most lab electronic kits never work in most colleges. you cant debug them unfortunately :(

physics is only in the first year, atleast to my syllabus (anna university, chennai) and its all application oriented, so you wont find much in it. if you like it so much, go for a B.SC physics instead.

So, if you want to spend four years trying to read dry theory, but have an easy time, go for cs. if you want to spend it with something brain-challenging, but tougher than cs, go for ece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom