Card Reader Problem in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

premsharma

In the zone
Upon connecting a card reader to PC, I have started getting following problem:

Attrib.exe - No Disk
There is no disk, Please insert disk into drive ... Cancel ... Try agian ...
Error : \dDevice\Hard disk 3\DR 28

This problem persists even after formatting drive. The only way to overcome this error is disconnect the card reader. This problem has been found with allmost every barnd of card reader not anyone particular. So I guess problem lies elsewhere rather than card reader.

Can anyone help me??. Thanks in advance.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Prem
1st check if the card reader came with any specific driver, most work with generic XP drivers but I had one earlier that required me to use its own driver else the card would not read.

2nd don't format the card using windows, it has mostly caused problem for some reason, always format either in the camera or other such devices in which u use this card.

OP
premsharma

premsharma

In the zone
These all things have been done. Once the problem was out of my understanding, then only I posted it here. I have now allmost 10 PC with diff configurations, all gives same error, for all the card readers.

OP
premsharma

premsharma

In the zone
Crad readers come with drivers for win98 only. Why would XP sp2 needs USB drivers and that's why they are not available.

have fun :D

It is updated. You are not able to visualise the problem

Last edited:
OP
premsharma

premsharma

In the zone
Yes, as i told you that i am facing this problem with brand new and different make of card readers and for past 10 days or so. I have done all my R&D before coming here.

shantanu

Technomancer
As i am not able to visualize the problem, so its better to delete all my posts in this thread.. as i dont post to add my post count.. thanks and regards

shantanu

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
No I said not the card reader but the card itself may be the source of the problem, have u used the same card(i mean same brand), if so then alternative is that change them & then see if that solves the issue.

Do u get that error message when u connect the card reader without the card or with the card inserted?

OP
premsharma

premsharma

In the zone
shantanu_webmaster said:
As i am not able to visualize the problem, so its better to delete all my posts in this thread.. as i dont post to add my post count.. thanks and regards

shantanu

I can not delete those posts of yours. What I meant is that You should not visualise everything from Billu's point of view.

shantanu

Technomancer
i didnt say you to delete !!! i deleted them myself.. thanks again... and where does billu come here!! and question will be answered by many people on forum.. Bye.. my last post on this thread..

OP
premsharma

premsharma

In the zone
As you wish. So you have priviledges to delete posts, great achievement
No I said not the card reader but the card itself may be the source of the problem, have u used the same card(i mean same brand), if so then alternative is that change them & then see if that solves the issue.

Do u get that error message when u connect the card reader without the card or with the card inserted?

Yeah diff cards have been tried. it comes after connecting card reader, whether, card is there in card reader or not is insignificant. Problem comes with card in or without cards also as soon as the card reader is connected.

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
Since all pcs r giving the same prob with card reader den i think deres a prob with the card readers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom