Capturing Nullsoft streaming Video files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

In the zone
Hi everyone,
I need a software which can save *.nsv (Nullsoft Streaming Video) files to harddisk for later playback. I can't view these files as I have a slow connection (diap up). Tried StreamCAP but the software needs some major improvements (You have to be aware of the IP address and the Port No. of the server from which you are downloading the nsv files). So anybody having knowledge of such software which can capture Nullsoft Streaming Video to harddisk. thanks.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
use VLC player
1.click on "open network stream"
2.copy & paste the url from winamp
3.select "stream output"
4.in "stream output settings" select the file name & location & choose the video codec u want (prefarably mpeg1 as the bitrates are on the lower side anyways..)
5.click play.

PS:u won't be able to see the video while saving the streams.
get vlc player from the digit CD/DVD or *www.videolan.org/mirror.html?mirror=*www.f33r.net/mirror/&file=vlc/0.8.1/win32/vlc-0.8.1-win32.exe

Edit:u can see the video while it is being captured,just fiddle around in the advanced options for an option like 'show output while capturing'

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
I don't understand. You're saying I won't be able to capture the nsv to harddisk for viewing it later. then why should i use vlc player, winamp does the job quite fairly.

talrejaharish

Journeyman
dude

he said

wich means ... u cannot see the video wen it is savin .... (simulataneously) i.e. u can see the videos only AFTER it is saved ... not when it is saving .... got it now ????

Charley

Just Do It
dIgItaL_BrAt said:
use VLC player
1.click on "open network stream"
2.copy & paste the url from winamp
3.select "stream output"
4.in "stream output settings" select the file name & location & choose the video codec u want (prefarably mpeg1 as the bitrates are on the lower side anyways..)
5.click play.

get vlc player from the digit CD/DVD or *www.videolan.org/mirror.html?mirror=*www.f33r.net/mirror/&file=vlc/0.8.1/win32/vlc-0.8.1-win32.exe

Nice post, Tks for the info.....

:wink:

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
Help!!!!!! can't capture the nsv streams. any idea did the same as u mentioned but the program does't capture nsv file. simply stops the capture prog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom