Capacitive touchscreen phone below 15k

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankushkool

Youngling
I am looking to buy a touchscreen phone below 15k. i would have finalized 5800 but i am not that happy with its touch screen :( so just wanted to know if there is a good Capacitive touchscreen mobile below 15000/-

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^If you are talking about Samsung i5700, then its available for less than that. Around 12-13k on eBay. But the downside is that it is, in most probability, not upgradeable to Eclair since it has only 128 MB RAM. Other than that, it seems a decent phone for the budget.

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^If you are talking about Samsung i5700, then its available for less than that. Around 12-13k on eBay. But the downside is that it is, in most probability, not upgradeable to Eclair since it has only 128 MB RAM. Other than that, it seems a decent phone for the budget.

Please read:)
*www.phonearena.com/htmls/Samsung-Galaxy-to-get-Android-2.1-by-2nd-quarter-article-a_9354.html

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If you specifically, want capacitive touch, check 5530XM. I think it comes without GPS which is kind of a deal breaker. And I think that is the only good capacitive touch mobile under 20k. Galaxy, I have no idea how good it is but looks like it is not a hit phone and nobody is considering it.

OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
it does not have a capacitive touch :(
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5530_xpressmusic-2832.php

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

wow check this out :p *www.gsmarena.com/nokia_x6-2922.php
is it comin 2 india?

Tamoghno

Padawan
i want to say that there is nothing wrong with resistive touchscreen. This is not like old days when you needed to apply much more pressure and didn't worked well with fingures. Capacitive is really overrated . After using 5800 for almost an year , i like resistive more than capacitive because it is much much easier to browse web in resitive screen because of the accuracy. and i have NEVER EVER needed to use the stylus.

If you're scrapping 5800 ONLY for resistive screen , then you should seriously reconsider. also v40 on 5800 is not really bad compared to android with 500 mhz and 128mb ram.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

there is a cheaper version of x6 with 16gb and without CWM is coming to india . may be in 3 month. x6 is way overpriced as of now and no way worth the money

sujoyp

Grand Master
yup I like resistive screen for 2 basic things
1. We can use anything to operate on screen if our hands r dirty ( which happens sooooo many times)
2. We can use normal screen protection to safeguard screen

mandar5

Youngling
Guys how is corby pro???i wanna know can v install 3rd party softwares like symbian in it??how is it good for web browsing specally for mail n orkut??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^symbian is a mobile OS and I dont' think you can port it to corby pro. My gut feeling says "All corbys sucks".

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

it does not have a capacitive touch :(
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5530_xpressmusic-2832.php

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

wow check this out :p *www.gsmarena.com/nokia_x6-2922.php
is it comin 2 india?

my bad. Thanks for correcting.

BTW, Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica is selling for 12.5k-14k on ebay India. Grab it before the deal is over.

*www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i5700_galaxy_spica-2965.php

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Heard that Tattoo is just okay but the problem is that not many apps are optimzed to it's lower resolution and smaller display. on a positive note, this phone will be getting Android 2 soon.

2.4" display for a 16k phone is a big big setback.

Tamoghno

Padawan
2.4" display for a 16k phone is a big big setback.
:doublethumb::doublethumb::doublethumb::doublethumb::doublethumb::doublethumb::doublethumb::doublethumb:

Not to mention bad battery life , average camera , below average audio quality and slooow processor(for handling android).

IMO , ONLY android phone that is worth buying now IN INDIA is samsung Galaxy. Others are way too overpriced .

mandar5

Youngling
@desiibond i meant was like as in symbian os can we install 3rd party softwares in corby???sorry my typing error...!!!i want to experiment with touchscreen but i am heavy texter and web browser!!can u suggest good 1 with cool flaunt value n vfm..in range 12-15k???

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@desiibond i meant was like as in symbian os can we install 3rd party softwares in corby???sorry my typing error...!!!i want to experiment with touchscreen but i am heavy texter and web browser!!can u suggest good 1 with cool flaunt value n vfm..in range 12-15k???

E71 FTW!!! if you are heavy texter

mandar5

Youngling
how is e71 as multimedia alternative....???

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

what r main cons of corby pro???

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
how is e71 as multimedia alternative....???

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

what r main cons of corby pro???

E72 can be considered, not E71. E71 is purely texting and business class phone. Using E71 for multimedia is like making "Dance Pe Chance" movie with "Nana Patekar" in lead role.

mandar5

Youngling
Lol!!!!!but dunno why i find corby pro very cool...but i think its plasticky built..btw does 5800xm comes with tv out??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom