Cant install Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibin Lakshman

Right off the assembly line
I had Toshiba L300 series , and vista preinstalled with it , but when i tried to install new WinXP its showing some strange error , it will start load form cd , but after some time , a page long error shows ,excerpts : This system is going to shutdown . Run CHECKDSK /f to know the reasons , and some other stuffs , whic i forgot .
Does anybody faced this same situation , plzz help

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
This maybe due to the fact that your xp cd may not contain the sata drivers. Because of this xp will not recognise the hard drive inyour laptop. There are two solutions:
1. disable sata in bios.
2. integrate sata drivers in xp using nlite software.
tutorial:-> *komku.blogspot.com/2007/08/install-windows-xp-on-acer-aspire-4710.html

The above tutorial maybe for acer, but it is the steps for your laptops also.

I also faced the problem, but by following the above tut, I was able to install xp.

israramrelia

Broken In
I had Toshiba L300 series , and vista preinstalled with it , but when i tried to install new WinXP its showing some strange error , it will start load form cd , but after some time , a page long error shows ,excerpts : This system is going to shutdown . Run CHECKDSK /f to know the reasons , and some other stuffs , whic i forgot .
Does anybody faced this same situation , plzz help

hi dude,
refer to this : *www.instructables.com/id/How-to-UPGRADE-from-Vista-to-Windows-XP-on-an-Acer/

OP
V

Vibin Lakshman

Right off the assembly line
This maybe due to the fact that your xp cd may not contain the sata drivers. Because of this xp will not recognise the hard drive inyour laptop. There are two solutions:
1. disable sata in bios.
2. integrate sata drivers in xp using nlite software.
tutorial:-> *komku.blogspot.com/2007/08/install-windows-xp-on-acer-aspire-4710.html

The above tutorial maybe for acer, but it is the steps for your laptops also.

I also faced the problem, but by following the above tut, I was able to install xp.
Oh boy , thank u very much .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom