Can't install or run some softwares. Strange problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinayasurya

Journeyman
I have strange problem. The system is giving some dll error when i try to run or install some programs like Opera, calc.exe etc. The error message is attached. Also Windows Media Player runs in background even after closing. It also takes about 65 % or more CPU resources. How to fix these?. Thanks in Advance. I am running Windows XP Home. My laptop's configuration is AMD Turion X2 1.6, 1GB RAM, 100 GB HDD.

Last edited:
OP
V

vinayasurya

Journeyman
Thank You now the first problem is solved. The problem with Windows Media Player persists. It is taking too much resources and runs in background even after closing it. I am using version 11

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Try using the classic Media Player (go to Run prompt and enter 'mplayer2'). If this works fine, you can use it instead

Arun

arun77574

Broken In
i have a suggestion. create a new user account, your issue WILL be resolved.
or
try to get familiar with the frequently running background process in your task manager. if you find something different then its a virus. the SVCHOST.EXE in task manager is a system file which makes the CPU usage to spike (even upto 100% sometimes) if it finds some error in the PC performance. it could be due to some S/W incompatibility or virus issue.

use the google to know about the common background process.

My suggestion is a new user account.

You can also try updating the MediaPlayer11.

OP
V

vinayasurya

Journeyman
I tried rollbacking to WMP 10. The problem continues with WMP 10 also. mplayer2 works fine though.

Last edited:
OP
V

vinayasurya

Journeyman
In the taskmanager wmplayer.exe is using more resources regardless of which version it is. This happened after a windows update. I am not sure which is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom