Cant Install Corsair XMS2 on my ASUS P5Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Pro Geeks
Yesterday I bought two 1GB modules from Tirupati Enterprises, type - DDR2 800MHz XMS2-6400 having latency figures 5-5-5-18 (the model number is CM2X1024-6400). Theres also written on the module "1.90V ver5.2".

I had bought my ASUS P5Q on August end. No qualms so far with a petty Transcend 1GB DDR2 667MHz module. I intended for a matched XMS2 pair but didnt get one.

The thing is when i inserted the modules and booted up, Windows Vista(32 bit) started but the machine hanged within 3 minutes. I tried putting the modules in the other slots as well with other placing combinations but to no avail. Next I did the same thing but changed "DRAM Frequency" in the BIOS (under "Ai Tweaker") from Auto to 1.90V. Still the same thing. My pc didnt stay alive even for 5 minutes. Every time giving a quick BlueScreen with a message at the end saying "Dumping physical memory to ..." and restarting, then booting problems start.

If you buy reputed modules and this is what happens (not to mention my 3 months long savings) what shall we do?

I have inserted my old Transcend module in place an am currently working from that. Please help me people.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Put the transcend rams back and update the bios. Latest bios needs to be put since newer asus boards are not exactly a out of the box type.
After doing the bios update we need to check the rams if they are working properly. Next time when you post, I need to the entire config and let me know once you are done. I have a p5q deluxe board so I know how silly newer boards can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom