cant find resolution for samsung 22'' widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

azad

Broken In
i recently bought a samsung 22" widescreen(sync master 2243 nwx). however my xfx 8600 gt card wont give me the proper resolution for my monitor(1680 *1050) on vista. pls help

OP
A

azad

Broken In
yes, i installed the monitor drivers. also, updated the drivers for the card and the monitor but still the max resolution shows as 1280*1024. any other suggestions?

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Which connector are you using to connect the monitor to the onboard video or Graphics card ? ? VGA or DVI ?

OP
A

azad

Broken In
since the graphics card has only two dvi ports , currently use a VGA to DVI adapter to connect to the graphics card. will that make a diff ?

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Why are you using a connector when DVI port is available at both the Graphic Card and the Monitor's End.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
strange, my mobo supports resolutions upto 1600x1200 & your graphics card doesn't support that resolution! must be a problem with the drivers.

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
Hi Azad i am gonna buy xfx 8600GT and wanted to know whether the vga to dvi connector was provided with it or did you buy it separately

OP
A

azad

Broken In
@ devrath, i got it separately

@ cool buddy, tried the monitor on a diff comp and works fine...guess the problem lies with the adapter(strange as it may sound)! any thoughts, ppl?

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
right click on the desktop and clic properties. then go to settings tab and click advanced button. click on adapter then click on list all modes. see if the resolution is listed there. (Chances are very low)

I am planning to get a good 22 inch monitor. Samsung 2243NWX is available everywhere in Bangalore. But it doesn't have DVI port!!!. I have a 8800GTS 512MB card with DVI port and am looking for a monitor with this connector. I don't want to use an adaptor as this usually ruins the quality. Dell SP2208WFP looks great. But can anyone suggest any other monitor that may suit. Samsung 2243BW was a choice but not available! Please suggest,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom