cant create shortcut on desktop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze

Right off the assembly line
hi guys,

please could anyone help me wiht my problem, i dont know how it occured but it just happened. everytime i try and create a shortcut of any file/folder etc. it gives me the message saying "Windows could not create the shortcut. Check to see if the disk is full."

this is really annoying, as i am trying to install microsoft publisher and the instalation corrupts as it cant create shortcuts :(

please could someone kindly help me. thanks.

agnels

Live The Dream!
It also happened to me. To overcome the problem i copied all the documents and files from this account and deleted the account and created a new one and everything was OK.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
he is saying copy ur files from ur present account to a different location like a different partition, delete ur present user account and then create a new one and then copy ur files back to ur new user account.

Assuming u have XP installled on C: drive, since u have not mentioned
UR USER files :
c:\Documents and Settings\Username\

OP
K

kamikaze

Right off the assembly line
okay, but should i copy all the files in C:drive? yes i do have xp. its jus the copying bit i dont understand. plz could you tell me copy the files from wher and paste to what. thanks.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
U can check one thing!

Start -> Run and type regedit.

Nevigate to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.lnk\ShellNew

In right-side pane, check whether Command key exist or not!

If it exist, then make sure its value is:

rundll32.exe appwiz.cpl,NewLinkHere %1

And if it doesnt exist, then create a new STRING value and give it name Command and set its value that I mentioned above!

It should solve ur problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom