cant access BIOS (DB85FL)

soumyaxyz

Broken In
I recently bought a new desktop (spec in sig). The assembler installed an pirated win 7 and demonstrated that all systems are working properly.I bought a win 8.1 pro from Microsoft (@3499 Rs with student discount) and made a fresh install.

Everything was nice and pretty except 4 "secure boot not configured" watermark on the desktop. So i went into the UEFI bios and checked the secure boot option (there were 2 other related options [cant recall what they were] which i didn't check).

That did not remove the "secure boot not configured" watermark but now instead of press F2 F10 etc screen I get a beep error which acc to my motherboard manual is no video detected error. then it goes into windows which is working properly.
if i go to
PC settings > update & recovery > recovery > adv startup> troubleshoot> adv opt>uefi firmware
after the beeps the computer becomes un-responsive
restarting doesn't help it still becomes un-responsive ater the beeps
after a being powered of for a long time (< 15-30 minutes) it boots into windows after the beeps.

i tried updating the bios from windows ; didn't work went unresponsive after restart

so i update the bios by removing the security jumper ; it was successful.

now i no longer get the beep errors and go directly to windows.
but i cant go into bios and PC settings >...>uefi firmware option
makes the computer becomes un-responsive like before.

the man who assemble the pc has no clue how to help
what am i to do now ?

OP
S

soumyaxyz

Broken In
i tried
when i removed the jumper i got a screen
1 suppress this message an continue till jumper is replaced
2 restore defaults
3 something else
4 remove Trusted module platforms

tried 1 2 an 3
didn't try 4 as i'm afraid that will mess up the still functioning windows installation

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
what i could remember that i also had messed with my bios(intel dh77eb) earlier. i could not exactly remember, but turning on secure boot resulted my windows 8 activation to be unactivated. turning off it helped me to regain the previous activation.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Update your Bios or downgrade it if you are running the latest Bios Update.OK.
This resets it to its defaults.
PS: Don't meddle with which you don't know. Those assemblers are dumb @asses.

Here is the link for your Bios files which ever you want or the latest:*downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchRes...ds&ProductProduct=Intel®+Desktop+Board+DB85FL

quicky008

Technomancer
Send an email to Intel's customer care with a description of this issue-I'm sure they will be able to tell you what needs to be done in order to get your system working normally again.

Top Bottom