Can't able to browse

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
hello...guys..this post in from my friend's behalf as he is not able to browse internet..

the problem is that he can connect to BB normally but after that none of the site is opening....except the portal....

The problem occured recently after installing Bitdefender...so he tried to browse the net after uninstalling it but nothing helped ,he also restored the system...but that also not worked...

Plz reply...with some solutions..

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Verify me with the two things here :

1. Did he using VISTA
2. Did he upgraded Bitdefender ver 10plus to Internet Security 2008

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
that's what iam asking i came to hear that bit defender internet security 2008 has some bugs with xp sp2 in some systems, some are getting the problems you faced, and some are facing storage problems even,

so can you tell what was the error msg he was getting ?when connecting to browser,

also ask him to try to install bitdefender version other than this, if not also tell him try to install some other antivirus softwares,

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
he has installed NOD32 AV and also restored the system to a healthy point but then also...the same prob...but how the portal site opening...

one more..thing when he tried to uninstall Bitdefender he got some error...so he then tried someother means...he deleted the folder....by the hlp of tuneup utility(as he said)...

Last edited:

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
I think he is using dataone broadband having s/m s directly connected to ADSL router.

Was he able to ping his system through loopback (ping 127.0.0.1) ?
Can he ping the ADSL router ?
Was able to reach the ADSL router from any other operating system other than windows,if he had any ?

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
he is on Plan HOME -500 also...he can ping the router but when he is trying to ping any website he is getting the error :

"Ping request couldn't find the host"

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Look into configuraion on the adsl modem by directly connecting it to the pc and restarting both the pc and the modem, then looking into dhcp - did you get an ip or not, if so the seetings are there, get into the gateway and change the settings as you like, providing you have the password. If you dont get an ip, chances are you have a static ip setup and will need to input that date into your nic yourself, your provider will have the necessary info for you.

If he was using a Linksys Router try to configure web based settings of your Linksys router. To be sure, make it all in default setting, default http for your web based configuration of your router is *192.168.1.1. To be sure, check your Linksys manual & model.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would say to turn off the modem, uninstall the LAN driver, restart, reinstall again and then reconfigure the modem to work with the PC.

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I would say to turn off the modem, uninstall the LAN driver, restart, reinstall again and then reconfigure the modem to work with the PC.

if there is some prob with driver or whatever it may be..then how is the portal site of BSNL (*10.240.43.216) is opening and the other are not...my doubt is here..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
if there is some prob with driver or whatever it may be..then how is the portal site of BSNL (*10.240.43.216) is opening and the other are not...my doubt is here..
I think the problem is with the DNS server configuration as *10.240.43.216 is an IP address. Try going here at Google by *64.233.167.99.
I told you to reinstall the driver because if you'll reinstall it, your computer's DNS server settings will get completely refreshed (though you can modify them without reinstalling).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom