Canon SX-150 at Rs.8250 w/o battery, is this good deal? whats battery cost??

kool

Cyborg Agent
I asked this question in another thread but nobody is responding me. In march month i inquired about best camera within Rs.10k and everybody said Canon SX-150 but that time it was costing me Rs.9650 but now i'm getting on 3 different sites at this price:

• sulekha: Rs.8450 with 4GB card+ case
  • yebhi: Rs.8250 with 4GB card+ case
  • homeshop18: Rs.9300 with 4GB card+ case+ camelion 2100 mah battery+ charger

On yebhi this offer will end on 15th June 2012, so guys tell me what would be cost of good battery+charger set? :oops: Is it good deal to buy from yebhi at Rs.8250 w/o battery+charger? :wink: Or HS18.com offer is good?

Or you can find any other good deals? One more question, Now its June 2012. Do u've any idea about any other Digi Camera at present better than Canon SX-150 within Rs.10k ????

Reply ASAP, else I'll miss this cheap deal. :shock:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Re: ►►► Canon SX-150 at Rs.8250 w/o battery, is this good deal? whats battery cost??

Sulekha didn't put enough details about what would be in the bundle, I assume it should come with all the freebies.
Yebhi, I couldn't find the listing in their site. Post the link here...

If you are OK with online sellers, fine. You buy it from whom you feel OK.

If you get one set of rechargeable NiMH battery (included in the bundle), buy one extra set. And you need a quick charger.

Assuming you buy from Sulekha for Rs. 8450/-
Buy one set of Sanyo Eneloop 2000mAH for Rs. 300 (Approx)
One quick charger for Rs. 700-1000 (Approx)

Note: If you don't get rechargeable batteries in the bundle, but two sets of Sanyo Eneloop.

If you're OK with automatic, check IXUS 220/310.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Re: ►►► Canon SX-150 at Rs.8250 w/o battery, is this good deal? whats battery cost??

Sulekha didn't put enough details about what would be in the bundle, I assume it should come with all the freebies.
Yebhi, I couldn't find the listing in their site. Post the link here...

If you are OK with online sellers, fine. You buy it from whom you feel OK.

If you get one set of rechargeable NiMH battery (included in the bundle), buy one extra set. And you need a quick charger.

Assuming you buy from Sulekha for Rs. 8450/-
Buy one set of Sanyo Eneloop 2000mAH for Rs. 300 (Approx)
One quick charger for Rs. 700-1000 (Approx)

Note: If you don't get rechargeable batteries in the bundle, but two sets of Sanyo Eneloop.

If you're OK with automatic, check IXUS 220/310.

i've confirmed by calling YEBHI CC and they said, 4GB card+case giving by CANON company. YEBHI not giving any battery or charger. Even in local market also they are not giving any battery & charger(local market price: Rs.9100). So i think SULEKHA will also not give. But I'll confirm once tomorrow at sulekha. Do u know any other site with cheaper deal ?

What is quick charger? Where i can get? Tell me in detail about charger & battery. Why its so costly? It means now i've to spend Rs.1000 more :(

HS18.com are giving camelion 2100mah battery+small camelion charger

=========

I hope this time i'm not making any mistake by buying this SX-150, last time i regretted for Nikon L-25 :( But i gave that to my GF. ;)

================
Just now read this comparison.... arrrghhhhhhhhh........ I'm again confused. :( Canon IXUS 220 HS vs SX150 IS - Our Analysis

nac

Aspiring Novelist

This is the list of things you should know before buying SX150. If you are OK with these things, go ahead and buy...

* Slow shot-to-shot time and continuous mode
It's not for sports photography where you need faster shooting

* Very slow flash recycle
Sometimes it takes 5-10sec to recycle, in this time you can't even ready the settings for next shot.

* Sluggish autofocus
Sometimes in poor light, AF is little sluggish.

* Meager battery life with alkaline AAs.
You can't have rely on alkaline batteries. You must need higher rated NiMH batteries. On an average, you will get around 190 shots per recharge from 2000 mAH rated NiMH batteries.

* Largest aperture is f/3.4
Larger the better.

* Some chromatic aberration at both wide and telephoto
* No HDMI output
* Manually operated flash

In that case, take the deal from Yebhi.
Camera - 8250
Quick charger - 750 (approx)
Sanyo Eneloop 4x2000mAH - 600 (approx) (If you don't take more than 200 shots in one go, you can buy just one set i.e., 2x2000mAH)
Total Rs. 9600/- (two set of batteries)

Camelion battery is fine but that standard charger takes 12hrs to recharge. So the reason for suggesting a quick charger. You can find it in local shop or on online.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

This is the list of things you should know before buying SX150. If you are OK with these things, go ahead and buy...

* Slow shot-to-shot time and continuous mode
It's not for sports photography where you need faster shooting

* Very slow flash recycle
Sometimes it takes 5-10sec to recycle, in this time you can't even ready the settings for next shot.

* Sluggish autofocus
Sometimes in poor light, AF is little sluggish.

* Meager battery life with alkaline AAs.
You can't have rely on alkaline batteries. You must need higher rated NiMH batteries. On an average, you will get around 190 shots per recharge from 2000 mAH rated NiMH batteries.

* Largest aperture is f/3.4
Larger the better.

* Some chromatic aberration at both wide and telephoto
* No HDMI output
* Manually operated flash

In that case, take the deal from Yebhi.
Camera - 8250
Quick charger - 750 (approx)
Sanyo Eneloop 4x2000mAH - 600 (approx) (If you don't take more than 200 shots in one go, you can buy just one set i.e., 2x2000mAH)
Total Rs. 9600/- (two set of batteries)

Camelion battery is fine but that standard charger takes 12hrs to recharge. So the reason for suggesting a quick charger. You can find it in local shop or on online.
now i lost the deal from yebhi.com :twisted::twisted:

15% off code EXPIRED..!! :evil:

Anybody know about this site? Buy Canon SX150 IS 14MP Digital Camera(Black) India Online- Find Price and Reviews for Canon SX150 IS 14MP Digital Camera(Black) timtara I'm getting on timtara.com for Rs.8150 with all freebies after applying code of Rs.1500 :-D

nac

Aspiring Novelist

Reviews are not good on timtara... I am not sure of Sulekha and Yebhi. It's your call...

aroraanant

Explorer

Very bad reviews about timtara are there, on the other hand yebhi, sulekha are very trusted ones.
I just checked croma, but they haven't mentioned anything about 4GB SD card

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

Very bad reviews about timtara are there, on the other hand yebhi, sulekha are very trusted ones.
I just checked croma, but they haven't mentioned anything about 4GB SD card
Its confirm that 4GB card is included by canon India. I've sent Price match to zoomin.com, now they will decrease there price. ;)

ZoomIn Camera Price Match Guarantee

aroraanant

Explorer

kya baat hai.....
Thats really good man.

nac

Aspiring Novelist

But zoomin doesn't price match from sites like sulekha, ebay...

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

But zoomin doesn't price match from sites like sulekha, ebay...

I think you are right thats why i didnt get any call by them. :( But On sulekha its confirmed that they are giving all freebies: 4Gb card+case+charger+battery. Now is this good deal? Or should i wait more for more cheaper deal? is there any chance to get lowest possible deal? :wink::lol:

Once i heard that on ebay it was sold for Rs.7999. I dont know where i was busy that moment. :(
====================================================
is it possible to take such pics with this camera??

*m.ak.fbcdn.net/a5.sphotos.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/556903_426400644050047_1461299502_n.jpg

Checkout more: "The night was Still" | Photography| night | horse | TouchTalent

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl

I have a Canon SX130IS. Its probably a generation older to SX150IS.

The points 1 and 2 mentioned by [nac] above are very much right. You may be able to live with the slow shot to shot but that flash recharge times are killing. I mean not only for sports photography but for regular family shots :(

Always get Sanyo Eneloops. Do not go for any other battery. Go for the battery-less offer and spend your money on 4 Eneloops and a charger.

About quick charger, Sanyo has a quick charger model for their Eneloops, but they have to be used only when needed. As far as possible use a regular slow charger. It improves the life of battery.

Suggest this combination:
1. Sanyo Eneloop quick charger + 2 batteries for Rs. 1199
2. Sanyo Eneloop regular charger + 2 batteries for Rs. 675

Last edited:
OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

I have a Canon SX130IS. Its probably a generation older to SX150IS.

The points 1 and 2 mentioned by [nac] above are very much right. You may be able to live with the slow shot to shot but that flash recharge times are killing. I mean not only for sports photography but for regular family shots :(

Always get Sanyo Eneloops. Do not go for any other battery. Go for the battery-less offer and spend your money on 4 Eneloops and a charger.

About quick charger, Sanyo has a quick charger model for their Eneloops, but they have to be used only when needed. As far as possible use a regular slow charger. It improves the life of battery.

Suggest this combination:
1. Sanyo Eneloop quick charger + 2 batteries for Rs. 1199
2. Sanyo Eneloop regular charger + 2 batteries for Rs. 675

How much time it takes for 2nd shot in daylight, if i don't use flash? Whats the PLUS point over other Digicam ? is its ZOOM facility? or IS?

Is there any other RIVAL DigiCam with same features ?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl

Not sure about the current situation about rivals.

In daylight I can live with it w.r.t. time between shots. The worst is with flash on.
The zoom and that it takes AA batteries made me go for it. Image stabilisation is very good here.

nac

Aspiring Novelist

Kool,
Yes, this cam can take such photo (like the one you posted)
Yes, there are two models with similar features but low light performance are not as good as SX150.

Now can you tell us what you actually want?
* Is this camera for learning photography or interested in photography and want to control the settings?
* There are other cameras in this budget which can produce better image but lacks full manual control.

What's your budget?
Tell us what are the features you are looking for

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

Kool,
Yes, this cam can take such photo (like the one you posted)
Yes, there are two models with similar features but low light performance are not as good as SX150.

Now can you tell us what you actually want?
* Is this camera for learning photography or interested in photography and want to control the settings?
* There are other cameras in this budget which can produce better image but lacks full manual control.

What's your budget?
Tell us what are the features you are looking for

Good question... ;)

Actually, i'm photofreak since year 2005. that time i use to click pics by Kodak KB-10 camera, later i got Nokia 3230 and clicked 4000 pics from that, after that in 2008 bought Sony DSC-750 7mp camera, i think it has manual focus, thats why i loved it. And image quality is really great.

Now its year 2012, want to replace my 4 yr old sony digicam. Because it has less zoom, and also now i'm bored with it. I'm not like wild photographer, most of the time i shoot human being pics like friends & relatives. But within budget i want new digicam with extra features, I'm happy with 7megapixel also. But it should have something what u describe in ur SX-130, but when i compare this camera SX-150 with any other camera i feel, its bulky & takes time for 2nd shot, its really disappointing. But at this price no other camera is giving 12x zoom. My budget is Rs.9k-10k, cant increase.

want a camera that can run at least 3year

I've 1 question after reaching 12x zoom pics get pixelized or not?

i want these features:
1) good flash in low light in a room
2) manual focus
3) min 10mp
4) HD vid doesnt matter
5) image stabilization must
6) Most of the time i've to shoot family & friends pics
7) low maintenance cost, 2-3yr warranty
8) usb transfer of pics.

nac

Aspiring Novelist

1) good flash in low light in a room
It doesn't throw light long. I don't use flash much, but I have used few times. I didn't get a favourable result or maybe I don't know how to use.

2) manual focus
If this is your priority you can just go ahead and grab SX150. In this budget uh..... no... even if you increase your budget to 15grand, you can't even find a dozen cameras with this feature. You have S6200 from Nikon under 10 but lacks manual exposure controls. Only 1 out of 5 cameras have MF in our market.

3) min 10mp
Nowadays no camera gives less than 10mp

4) HD vid doesnt matter
You may get suggested of a camera which just shoots just VGA if your budget is under 6grand but not at 10.

5) image stabilization must
One of the essential feature, a must have feature.

kunal grover

Cool techie

Actually image quality is pretty decent in indoors.i got it coz I am too a photography addict like you.I am just amazed by its features-Amazing macro shooting(1 cm),Manual focus,12x optical zoom is unbeatable at this price,Battery life is ok since I use flash rarely and got myself a spare Fujicell battery set 2100mAh for just Rs 215/- at Flipkart(still waiting for delivery)
Plus CHDK works very well on this camera(means shoots RAW files and even more features)
Flash takes just 3-4 sec to load with Ni-MH batteries--Tolerable at this price
With the flash mode off shooting continuous photos is around a photo per second(not too bad)
Flash is very good,good IS,shoots HD
Has full DSLR features-Manual,TV,AV
I got it at 8795/- with goodies only coz my dad knew the retailer well

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

Actually image quality is pretty decent in indoors.i got it coz I am too a photography addict like you.I am just amazed by its features-Amazing macro shooting(1 cm),Manual focus,12x optical zoom is unbeatable at this price,Battery life is ok since I use flash rarely and got myself a spare Fujicell battery set 2100mAh for just Rs 215/- at Flipkart(still waiting for delivery)
Plus CHDK works very well on this camera(means shoots RAW files and even more features)
Flash takes just 3-4 sec to load with Ni-MH batteries--Tolerable at this price
With the flash mode off shooting continuous photos is around a photo per second(not too bad)
Flash is very good,good IS,shoots HD
Has full DSLR features-Manual,TV,AV
I got it at 8795/- with goodies only coz my dad knew the retailer well
what is TV/AV ?

kunal grover

Cool techie

TV-Shutter priority-Choose the shutter speed and camera choose the aperture
AV-Aperture priority-Choose aperture and camera chooses the shutter speed

Read this and do lots of experiments
Aperture and Shutter Priority Modes

P.S. Go for the camera I am loving my time with it and besides it gives you feel of a professional cam

Top Bottom