[Complaint] Canon Printer MP297

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I bought this Canon Multifunction printer on July 2011 @3.5k
but before its warranty period is over (1 month was remaining) it started to give P10 Error code
Canon Service engineer came and replace the Logic board with a new one and it was working then but not even four month is passed.
As the logic board is replaced on Aug 2012 and my warranty got over on Sep 2012.
I got the same error message again i.e P10
after calling the service center they said warranty is over so I'll have to pay 1500 + 400 (service charge) = 1900 to replace the logic board.

When I asked how much warranty is there of replaced board the guy said 1Month (WTH!!)

I had recently bought the new Cartridges @2k and this error again came...

I m fine with replacing & paying 1900 to canon..but again after 1month the same issue will come then how can I pay for again...

Overall,I m not satisfied with the printer :(

Sorry for typo its Canon MP287 not 297..please correct the error in title

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
I bought this Canon Multifunction printer on July 2011 @3.5k
but before its warranty period is over (1 month was remaining) it started to give P10 Error code
Canon Service engineer came and replace the Logic board with a new one and it was working then but not even four month is passed.
As the logic board is replaced on Aug 2012 and my warranty got over on Sep 2012.
I got the same error message again i.e P10
after calling the service center they said warranty is over so I'll have to pay 1500 + 400 (service charge) = 1900 to replace the logic board.

When I asked how much warranty is there of replaced board the guy said 1Month (WTH!!)

I had recently bought the new Cartridges @2k and this error again came...

I m fine with replacing & paying 1900 to canon..but again after 1month the same issue will come then how can I pay for again...

Overall,I m not satisfied with the printer :(

Sorry for typo its Canon MP287 not 297..please correct the error in title
Use the money to buy an epson.

If you replace and it fails again you are screwed, normally repaired parts carry more warranty(our electrolux microwave got bust, we repaired and it got 3 months warranty on the repaired parts), epson printers are cheap, works good and cartridges are cheapest, abut 3k should get you one.

PS: Epson cartridges are a bit rare but can be refilled.

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Nah, same: Computer Peripherals - Buy Computer Peripherals Online at Best Prices in India - Computers | Flipkart.com

AFAIK color printer need two ink (Black & Color) then what is this variant of Yellow,Cyan,Magenta in Epson (do we have to purchase all of those?)

tkin

Back to school!!
AFAIK color printer need two ink (Black & Color) then what is this variant of Yellow,Cyan,Magenta in Epson (do we have to purchase all of those?)
No, not all printers, some printers come with different set of color cartridges, not all colors are used in the same amount when printing an image, combined color cartridges(single unit) also have same no. of colors in them(in separate chambers), but one color may run out rendering the entire cartridge invalid and wasting other inks, so separate cartridges save the cost as you only need to change the one that ran out.

Top Bottom