Cannt play games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Sinha

Daniel Prince
Hey guys,
I am not being able to play many games that I was playing on my old PC. I have been experiencing this problem from 6 months. I cannt play the games like Hotwheels but with the same configuration as mine, my brother is able to play Hotwheels. In fact, I have 2 GB of RAM but he got only 1 GB of RAM. I have Dual Core 2.8 GHZ but he has 2.6 GhZ processor. Similarly, when I was installing(extracting) Prince Of Persia through DVD, then it showed CRC error but installing the same game by copying on my hard drive, it was successfully installed.

In the same way, when I am playing any games then it crashes and the display becomes distorted ( a little bit lighter). While surfing internet, all the browsers crashes, wheather it is Firefox or Opera or Internet Explorer, every browsers crashes. Then after sometimes blue screen comes. Everytime with different types of codes. As for example, Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_area with 0*00000050, 0000008E, 0000004E,etc

I have changed my hard disk 3 times, from 250-640 GB. However, I am not completely able to get rid of these problems. Yesterday, I did a memtest and it showed more than 165 problems. The problem was increasing with every click of my mouse on OK button. Is it the RAM problem. If Yes, then how would I know which RAM is faulty coz I have 2 RAM. PLZ help!!!!!!!:-(

ritvij

rated R
Hey guys,
I am not being able to play many games that I was playing on my old PC. I have been experiencing this problem from 6 months. I cannt play the games like Hotwheels but with the same configuration as mine, my brother is able to play Hotwheels. In fact, I have 2 GB of RAM but he got only 1 GB of RAM. I have Dual Core 2.8 GHZ but he has 2.6 GhZ processor. Similarly, when I was installing(extracting) Prince Of Persia through DVD, then it showed CRC error but installing the same game by copying on my hard drive, it was successfully installed.

In the same way, when I am playing any games then it crashes and the display becomes distorted ( a little bit lighter). While surfing internet, all the browsers crashes, wheather it is Firefox or Opera or Internet Explorer, every browsers crashes. Then after sometimes blue screen comes. Everytime with different types of codes. As for example, Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_area with 0*00000050, 0000008E, 0000004E,etc

I have changed my hard disk 3 times, from 250-640 GB. However, I am not completely able to get rid of these problems. Yesterday, I did a memtest and it showed more than 165 problems. The problem was increasing with every click of my mouse on OK button. Is it the RAM problem. If Yes, then how would I know which RAM is faulty coz I have 2 RAM. PLZ help!!!!!!!:-(

try using one ram chip and then boot and run memtest again.. do the same with other one..
random crashes and BSOD's are indeed result of faulty RAM.

as for the gaming query.. does your bro has a graphic card?

Alok

Adventurer
-Go to Properties of My Computer
-Select the Advanced tab
-Under Performance, click
Settings
-Go to Advanced
-Under Virtual Memory, click
Change
-Select No Paging File and then
click Set
-Click OK in all the menus
-Restart

OP
Prince Sinha

Prince Sinha

Daniel Prince
I have completed the test of RAM partially with no problems. But day before yesterday, it showed more than 165 problems when tested both RAM at a time. I am confused at a time. What should I do now?:?::?::?::?::?::-(

dpluvuall

Broken In
Ther might be 2 ploblems
1: ur pagfile is se too low increase it if u have less than 2 gb ram.
2: check ur graphics memory i think it is on board or too low, ur brother might have a better motherboard than yours.

if both problems are already resolved then it might be due to some registry conflict so you must either format pc and reinstall all the update drivers
or else manually clean registry and update ur drivers without formatting ur pc

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Did you checked both RAMs one by one?
Try playing the game with just one RAM at a time, and see if the problem persists.

OP
Prince Sinha

Prince Sinha

Daniel Prince
I have better mother board than my bro coz both motherboard price is same but the mmtherboard I am using is of MSI whereas he uses American desktop.. And yes I have checked both one by one both by disabling paging and also increasing its size to system managed size.. And also I wanna give you more information about my PC. I hope it might help you in determining the problem. The another problem is that there is the option for over clocking but I can not over clock it. When I try to over clock and restart my PC then it wont start.....:) Today I again checked both of them at a time then 3056 errors were found but while checking individually no problems were found!!!

My on built graphic memory is 256MB

Last edited:
you said you encountered CRC error when copying from the CD/DVD..

take the copy that your brother plays from his PC to your PC using a pen drive .. then run the game ..
it must work..

@frank what do u mean by 'crc error is bad windows' ? ?

P.s.- Crc error occurs because of corrupted data...

And why did you bump this old thread ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom