Cannot Instal Any Windows :S

malay.keshav

Broken In
The problem started a few days back. i started getting BSOD randomly on my Windows Vista Home Basic after a fresh a instal and a day of updating from the windows update. The updates failed to install most of the times, but eventually after a few tries it worked. Except for the SP2. i tried installing it once , but failed. and the BSODs started. Even after a system restore,it didnt work. So i tried installing it again, and the OS got stuck in an infinite loop of restart-> reverting update changes -> restart -> and so on.
so i tried to startup repair and the safe mode, both failed.
After hrs of try, i did a clean format, and tried installing Windows 7 Enterprise edition trial from the digit DVD.
But in every install i am facing a BSOD, each with different error.
sometimes MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, some times PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA , and odr times just a BSOD.
Even after smhow once it would install, wen the OS boots for the first time , i have a BSOD just before the welcome screen.
I tried My friends Windows 7 disc (Ultimate), and the same problem.
At times the DVD wouldnt boot saying "NDIS.sys" not found.
I thought the problem might have been the RAM or my graphics card so i removed them both, and replaced my ram sticks with my older ones. Still the problem continues. (Exccept its a lot slower thanks to less ram and no GFX card D: )
Is all hope really lost ? :S
PLZ HELP

rahulkay

Broken In
Hi there,

There may be two reasons.

1. Your 'RAM' or 'RAM-slot' is damaged. check with *oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp .
2. Your HDD itself may be the problem. Boot with windows cd & run chkdsk /p/r on your primary partition. If this recovers your disk then you are done but if problem persist. Then find your 'HDD' make & try downloading recovery tool from their site
else
download 'UBCD' image & burn it to a cd. Then boot from it go to disk diagnostics section,find ur tool of ur 'HDD' manufacturer & run it.

If all this fails then be sure its time to change/repair your 'mobo'.

Top Bottom