Cannot get into Bios but system booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

damien66

Broken In
Just installed a new motherboard, Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H. After starting up was able to see & enter the bios just fine.

But after I installed the drivers & some of the gigabyte software on the motherboard disc, Now the bios splash does not appear, & when I hold down del on startup all I get is a blank screen. But the system does seem to boot into windows.

What could be the problem?

Last edited:

sukesh1090

Adam young
you should not hold down the 'del'.you should go on tapping it.try this if this doesn't work then there will be a CMOS battery in your mobo it will look like a watch cell(refer your mobo manual for its location,don't worry it will be a big cell).take it out slowly wait for 1 minute then put it back this should reset all of your BIOs settings to default one.now tap del key and see if you can enter the BIOS settings.

OP
D

damien66

Broken In
I reset the bios by removing the battery as suggested, this has unfortunately made the problem worse: now the system will not boot up at all. All I get is a blank screen.

Also tried both tapping & holding down del, same result.

Edit:
Apologies, should have stated clearly. What I meant was I removed the battery, kept it out for a minute, then put it back in how it was. Then tried starting up, & now it will not boot.

Last edited:
OP
D

damien66

Broken In
you are supposed not to "just remove the battery" but to replace it again inside the slot.

Edited earlier post for clarity. Also I should add it does the POST successfully (Single beep), but after that no Bios & no boot up.

I also tried starting up without the RAM, it gave a series of continuous beeps indicating the absence of it, so the RAM is not at fault.

I also tried starting without the HDD, the only difference being the HDD light does not blink during POST.

Last edited:

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
if it was disk then it should have at least shown the BIOS settings.looks like there is some problem with the mobo.

@op,
do one thing disassemble all the parts and assemble it from the scratch.see if it can fix it if there is any loose connection or something.btw you have fixed the battery in right direction naa?check it once whether you have placed in right direction or not?

OP
D

damien66

Broken In
@op,
do one thing disassemble all the parts and assemble it from the scratch.see if it can fix it if there is any loose connection or something

I disassembled all the parts from the cabinet, then put them back & it worked :-D

Still don't know what the problem was but its works now. Thanks all for the help. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ may be contact between cpu and cpu socket got loose somehow. anyway, nice to know that it's working fine now and congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom