cannot embed Flash object into a HTML page! plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
i was jus creating a website. i decided to put some Flash buttons.
i was thinking of using www.flamingtext.com to get the flash buttons done.
In the preview the Flash Buttons are shown as i want it, but when I download it is shown as a dark image and even on embedding it into a HTML page i can see it only as a dark object.
Though on clicking the flash object it takes me to the right location i want it to look the way i want.

i have taken a screen shot and posted it here
the red one is how I want it to look and the other one below is how it actually looks
*img4.imageshack.us/img4/1088/sample5jj.jpg

plz help
thanks

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
well... the shape of the flash button is same as the original... so i wud suggest like deep did... post the code....

BTW, have you previewed the site in a different browser! and are you browser plugins up to date?

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i got the code from w3schools
it was something like this
<object width="550" height="400">
<param name="home" value="home.swf">
<embed src="home.swf" width="550" height="100">
</embed>
</object>

its not a browser problem. when the site shows a preview the flash button looks like the FIRST pic (red color)
i opened in IE FF and OPERA. its the same

Deep

Version 2.0
okay..I was in impression that they might be passing color code from JS file using JS script or something...

But now in your case it looks like - the site is not generating swf for the modifications you have made..it just generates for default color and button...

Deep

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
oh ok.... in the meantime i had tried form some other site and the swf file was fine. but that site had their advertisement on the flash button. i didnt like that. i will search for something else. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom