Cannot boot from DVD

cyberteen

Broken In
Hi, first of all let me tell u my new pc config.

Motherboard:Asus m4a88tm
Processor: Athlon x2 260
Ram: corsair vengeance 4 gb
Psu: corsair vs450 430w
Graphics: onboard ati radeon hd 4250

I am now running windows 7 ultimate. Now I want to install windows xp. So I burned the windows xp image with the help of imgburn to create an bootable DVD rw. Then I make all kinds of changes to the bios to boot from the cd first.
But then, the I am not getting any message to boot from the disc. But if I press f10 key continuously, then I get a screen where half of the screen is filled with blue lines and other solid blue. I know that the setup iso is perfect as I had previously installed xp with the same image in my old system.

I also ran the windows 7 setup similarly by tapping f10 key. I had waited long enough for the pc to ask me to press a key to boot from cd.

I just don't understand what's going on here. Pls hep me out.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
While using ImgBurn for burning the disc, have you seen the log whether the burning process is done correctly?
If yes, then, it is hardware problem for sure. Look for any dust in the case near the disk drive.
And yes, please reply if other bootable cd/dvds are working or not on your system.

OP
C

cyberteen

Broken In
I don't have any other bootable discs other than these windows discs. But I tried my windows 7 installation disc even now, when I press f9 only, the windows boot manager shows me the windows setup(ems) and if I press f10, it directly goes to the installation. If I don't press anything, it goes to the windows boot manager prompting me to go to windows 7 os which is installed currently.

And regarding the log file during burning my disc, I haven't got any errors, the process went very smooth

Minion

Conversation Architect
You can't install xp after installing win 7 you have install xp first then win 7 later.You can't install lower version after higher version it is deliberately done by Microsoft.

Hi, first of all let me tell u my new pc config.

Motherboard:Asus m4a88tm
Processor: Athlon x2 260
Ram: corsair vengeance 4 gb
Psu: corsair vs450 430w
Graphics: onboard ati radeon hd 4250

I am now running windows 7 ultimate. Now I want to install windows xp. So I burned the windows xp image with the help of imgburn to create an bootable DVD rw. Then I make all kinds of changes to the bios to boot from the cd first.
But then, the I am not getting any message to boot from the disc. But if I press f10 key continuously, then I get a screen where half of the screen is filled with blue lines and other solid blue. I know that the setup iso is perfect as I had previously installed xp with the same image in my old system.

I also ran the windows 7 setup similarly by tapping f10 key. I had waited long enough for the pc to ask me to press a key to boot from cd.

I just don't understand what's going on here. Pls hep me out.

May be the issue is off conflicting two OS.
that may be reason why either of not installed well

kisame

King of Heroes
You can't install xp after installing win 7 you have install xp first then win 7 later.You can't install lower version after higher version it is deliberately done by Microsoft.

You can definitely install XP after 7.You just have to reinstall the windows 7 bootloader and edit the options to add XP entry.
@cyberteen Are you able to boot your win 7 dvd???

OP
C

cyberteen

Broken In
I am able to boot into my windows 7 DVD. I have changed my boot device priority in the bios. But I am not able to automatically boot into the DVD. I have to press f9 or f10 myself to boot, without any message asking me to press a key.

kisame

King of Heroes
I am able to boot into my windows 7 DVD. I have changed my boot device priority in the bios. But I am not able to automatically boot into the DVD. I have to press f9 or f10 myself to boot, without any message asking me to press a key.

Since you are able to boot win 7,this points to corrupted windows XP cd.
I would suggest going USB way.

OP
C

cyberteen

Broken In
Yes. It seems like problem lies in windows xp cd. Since I have my key, let me download windows xp from the net and check it out. Thanks to all of you for your quick help.

Top Bottom