Can you burn music files on a DVDR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackheart

Right off the assembly line
I'm wanting to make a music CD with a DVDR that will play on cd players, is that even possible?

OP
B

Blackheart

So then are there any larger disks that you can burn more than 800mb or whatever? As in large cd disks?

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
no.......
try compressing mp3s to 64kbps, to fit about 340-400 songs in a disk. be warned some cd players read only 100 mp3 files in a single folder.....

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
dont do that 64kbps is shitty FM radio quality :D

you are better off buring more cds than reducing the mp3 quality :p

_

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^^

its free.. isnt there a download in the website itself...

EDITED

_

Last edited by a moderator:

legolas

Padawan
as this has been already discussed, converting an mp3 (lossy) codec between bit rates degrades its quality even more, the process transcoding. its better to stick to whatever you have and burn it to a cd if you have cd player and be contended if you intend for quality.

after all, a cd was available for 6-11 Rs arnd 2 yrs back. (i havn't purchased a cd since then! :D )

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I'm wanting to make a music CD with a DVDR that will play on cd players, is that even possible?

u r saying "CD player" so it makes sense dat DVD players r meant 4 DVD

CD Player r only 4 CDs :D

yes, u can burn music files in a DVDR such as a MP3 DVD etc

use nero 4 dat....but forget abt playin it in a CD Player:cool:

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Yes it is.......but I dont think the user would have any issues downloading off the link I provide plus it helps me as I mentioned in the other thread for your same question............

Anything wrong you see in this.......

yes anything affiliate/referral related is against the rules of this forum :p

you should know better as a senior member :D

_

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
just recommending is different from getting personal gains from that recommendation...

just because an affiliate program is free to join, affiliate/referral links cannot be justified...

for eg. can I put a bux.to affiliate link here just because its free to join ?

_

OP
B

Blackheart

Ok, so how exactly would i go about making the songs 64kbps w/o losing quality? i guess so that i can burn them onto a cd? Thanks

NucleusKore

TheSaint

It is possible if your dvd player can read a standard known as "DVD mp3". This is because DVD players are programmed to only search for video the moment a DVD is detected.

moshel

Padawan
there are softwares available with which u can put in mp3 songs on a DVD and play it on any DVD player. I played around with those long back. however i stopped becos all softwares were paid ones.

what these softwares do is actually make a Video DVD without the video due to which any DVD player can read it.

just search for "music DVD creator"

OP
B

Blackheart

First, i'd like to say thanks for the feedback

Now, what i'm looking to do is put as many songs onto a cd as i can to play on a CD player. If i can put more than the standard 10-18ish songs i'd like to do that without degrading the quality (if possible) but i'm a reasonable guy, so as many good/decent quality songs as i can onto a CD so i can play it on a cd player. That's my purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom