Can we run Win XP on Intel i3 2nd generation processor?

applegrew

Broken In
My friend wants to buy an Intel i3 (2nd generation) powered CPU, but needs to run Win XP.

The computer vendors claim that it is not possible to run Win XP on it. Is that true?

sukesh1090

Adam young
i think you will be able to run windows XP.ask the vendor why it is not possible if he tells the same thing again.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Windows XP wont give any problem with i3 but afaik it doesnt support SATA Native and needs SP2. As you will be with i3 so 100% HDD will be a SATA hence you have to take care of that.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Why can you not run WinXP on i3 2nd gen. ??
I used to run WinXP on my i5-2400. It worked fine w/o any issues. Just changed to Win7 to be more ease and comfotable with Windows.

Dont worry. You will be able to run WinXP w/o any probs.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
the vendor might be having the idea that the board he is selling along with i3 might not be having drivers for win xp :D

Actually these vendors think that they know, everything, and that is why they have said that to you! Windows XP SP2 runs fine on an 2nd-gen i3.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ But when users need a basic gui with loads of advanced features, then no other OS can beat Windows XP, and also that's why Win XP is with us for more than 10 years. ;)

abhi8569

Right off the assembly line
Sure U Can . 90 % computer Vendor Dsnt have Technical knowledge.....Just they are doing business:razz:

Top Bottom