can we play psp games in pc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
I have come to hear that we can play PS2 games in our system but with some definite software should be installed to recognize the PS2 DVD. So I just wanted to know what are the requirements for my system that I be able to play PS2 games in my system.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Re: How to play PS2 in my Computer System

Trust me.So far emulation development for emulating PS2 has been pathetic.They give insanely low frame rates even on high end systems with Dual Core processors & good graphics card.Take my advice & don't bother trying.Instead invest in a PS2 for the best experience until PC is blessed with some emulator like Epsxe or VGS which were for PSone & played games flawlessly.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer

Thanks allwyndlima

But do let me know if I can have any other alternatives....

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent

other alternatives r only 2 purchase a console which is old aswell....now its ps3....u can actually play some ps2 wit epsx2 emulator but at very saaaad speed...actually unplayable....n work is still on....n 3rdly i dunno if its legal or not

Enjoy~!

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

if u own a ps2 , it's not illegal . if u dont , its illegal . moreover the question is frm where u get those bios files to run the emulation soft . if its frm ur ps2 ( or u own one and u download frm net ) , its legal . if u downloaded one without owning a ps2 its illegal.

kumarmohit

Technomancer

Emulation is not illegal in India, its perfectly legal. We do not have the crazy DMCA (Digital Millenium CopyRights act) in India its only for people in USA.

drsethi

Journeyman

It is best to purchase PS2 which is very cheap nowadays. You can use your computer for serious jobs.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer

Now let me know where would I find the EMulation so that I can download it and have a pleasure of PS2 game in my system.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer

Oh really? WHy so...and what would you recommend me to use to play PS2 games in my system and about buying a PS2, I would not be able effort it.

rajasekharan said:
dont even think about emulation mate, it suc*s , and , its suc*s bad.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent

@bhutanesedude: only place whr u get pleasure wit ps2 games is the actual console....talkin of pleasure even if u run a system worth 5lacs for emulator, itsa waste coz twud run like sh#t....completely unplayable....not even worth thinking....iv tried it....thats y we say...forget it n buy a ps2 if ur really crazy for it....if not all u can do is give more time to d developers as they still working on it...but dont expect fully....be updated wit their site...

website(since its not illegal as discussed here, lemme know): www.pcsx2.net/

ENjoy~!

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
can we play psp games in pc

guys i came to hear that we can play playstation games in pc by using some emulators,is this true do anyone know how both formats can be converted

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Re: can we play psp games in pc

Damn, why this $hit going on again..Search Forum before you post. This topic has already been opened and even closed....Click here
Now don't do anything before searching the forum.....

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
and and and if you want to emulate , you will need a BIOS , which you can extract from original one only.

emulating is legal but pirating bios is illigal

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
Re: can we play psp games in pc

Batistabomb said:
do u know devhook emulator i think this can do the job
this software is for PSP's to run ISO's from mem stick instead of UMD. PSP will allow u to play PSX games but not PS2.
As far as playing PS2 games on PC, don't bother, u can get PS2 emulators but they all suck ( the emulators will run the DVDs) but the gameplay is choppy slow, and usually freezes. PS2 prices are always dropping so yeah go buy a PS2.. or if you have the money PS3 ( can play all PS versions [psp,psx,ps2,&ps3])

Last edited:

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
im using PCSX2......i has a compatibility list and patches for the compatible games ...so far i have play DBZ..only...dunno about others..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom