can we install new software in linux like windows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Venom said:
Not devel resources, stable ones.
devel doesn't stand for development release here but rather for development tool. So, that's perfectly fine. Yes, Ultimate Z Fighter, that's the correct link.

rohandhruva

Broken In
tech_your_future: Get your basics right. Downloading individual packages is not the way to install software on ubuntu / debian. Use apt.

Ultimate Z Fighter:
Code:
sudo aptitude install build-essential

That is the command to install all the required libraries, compilers, etc required to compile other programs.

Last edited by a moderator:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
rohandhruva said:
tech_your_future: Get your basics right. Downloading individual packages is not the way to install software on ubuntu / debian. Use apt.
My basics are right but your brain isn't. How in the world is someone going to use apt without a net connection. You aren't the only person in this whole world who know linux. We use and know it too, but keep track of what's going on around too. We just don't pop up with a half knowing solution. As they say half the knowlege is very dangerous. So, is your case.

borg

In the zone
One thing I have to say people. this autppackage thing is simply awesome. I just got it & clearly, this is what Linux needed all along. I don't know what took so long. This should have been done ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom