can to SMPS be started automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiFriend

In the zone
can 2 SMPS be started automatically?

if we could start two smps automatically then it will beats all high end smps in performance and cost. manually we can start other smps by joining wire no 14 green and any black wire.
(2 frontech 400w smps cost about 850 Rs. output: 400w+400w=800w, even if true output is 500w than also it would be much cheaper.)

Last edited:

spynic

Case Mod - 60% ||||||----
its poss wen u doin a case modd..
ull req a 12V relay in order to start the 2nd smps

OP
digiFriend

digiFriend

In the zone
thanks : john the ultimate. i was looking for something like that.
now starting the search for such cable.

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I had in fact considered doing this long back when only low powered units were available but could not try due to lack of time. I think there should not be any problem other than accommodating the second one and a circuit to simultaneously start the second one by shorting the green and black pins.
I think the Mobo, Processor, RAM, PCI and PCIe cards etc will be powered by one and HDD, FDD (if any) ODDs, fans etc can be powered by the other one.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
john_the_ultimate said:
It can be done just use one of these connectors.

@john_the_ultimate
Please let me know where I find this cable in Kolkata ?
Any shop name/address will be helpful.

spynic

Case Mod - 60% ||||||----
dunno if u wud get it here.. but if u dnt.. u can do it urself.. but tht involves a lil wiring(srtipping&joining)

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
dissel said:
@john_the_ultimate
Please let me know where I find this cable in Kolkata ?
Any shop name/address will be helpful.

Sorry dissel did not find this thingy in Kolkata..........but that was long time back maybe now its available. Will inform you if I am able to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom