can someone suggest me a custom rom?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
can someone suggest me a custom rom which will work with a locked bootloader on xperia U?

also can someone tell me / provide me a step by step guide on how to flash custom from, from the part where i have rooted the phone? also tell me how to flash a custom kernel(?) if necessary? thanks

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Some find

Update Sony Xperia U with SGS3 based 4.1 Jelly Bean Dynamic Custom ROM

How to Update SONY Xperia U with Galaxy S3 Styled Dynamic Custom ROM Firmware - Android Advices

I didn't find any in xda, but it is a quick search. If you do detailed search, you may find some.

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
i did a detailed search, but since i have never rooted an android phone. my head is splitting . i cant seem to understand how the system works?

once i root my phone what am i supposed to do?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
What is Rooting on Android? The Advantages and Disadvantages | Droid Lessons

Rooting will open the phone to endless possibilities of Android world. Read it from above link.

BTW, In post #2, first link, download the custom ROM, place it in your external sd card and follow the instructions. It's very simple. The reason why i am telling simple. because i installed custom ROM like 100 times. But on negative side, it MAY brick your phone. But the chances are so negligible.

duke123

In the zone
[ROM][ICS] King's ROM [X-Clean] [Locked and Unlocked BL] - xda-developers

i am using unlocked version.very good ROM..

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
after a lot of confusion i finally managed to root my phone. thanks sam, furious and duke123 and anyone else i might have missed. Can someone please now suggest me how i should try and install custom rom? because CWM is not officially supported for xperia U so its kinda difficult on how to proceed?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@OP

Instructions | Sony Xperia

Try the above and unlock bootloader first. Then download the ROM and install it. If CWM officially supports your phone, it is good to go.

duke123

In the zone
unlocking the bootloader devoid sony official warranty

*www.xperiablog.net/2012/07/25/sony-refusing-hardware-repairs-on-handsets-with-unlocked-bootloaders/

@ op the above official method did not work for me perfectly...for getting the drivers to work on windows instal flashtool instead of android SDK..

Top Bottom