Votes: 24 92.3%
  • Oh no Microsoft falls again Win 7 doesn't works

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijangda

Padawan
With Windows Vista the biggest flop of year 2007 and also getting losses from Xbox 360 can Microsoft comes back in race (although it is in race with XP). Now many of the organisation has started moving towards open source (mostly Linux). Also i as a linux enthusiast uses Linux much but I like Windows 7 as compared to anyother Windows will it be XP, Vista or anything else. I think with Windows 7 Microsoft will can come back. So what do you think will Windows 7 do what Windows 98 and XP done to Microsoft(i mean increasing profit). SO WHAT YOU THINK WILL WIN 7 ROCKS OR NOT.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Neither "Lottery for Microsoft Win 7 works" nor "Oh no Microsoft falls again Win 7 doesn't works".

This time MS got a perfect operating system that can replace windows XP. you better ad an option "Microsoft got it right with windows 7" to the poll.

Luck doesn't work in current Operating system market.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^+1
IMO, Windows 7 will be the perfect replacement for Windows XP.
Btw, Is it possible to install Windows 7 on VirtualBox in Vista?

OP
A

abhijangda

Padawan
^^+1
IMO, Windows 7 will be the perfect replacement for Windows XP.
Btw, Is it possible to install Windows 7 on VirtualBox in Vista?
Yes it is able to install in atleast XP i don't know about Vista. I don't think that Windows 7 will be perfect replacement as it requires atleast 512 mb of RAM. Although most of the computers today have more than or atleast 512 mb of RAM but those who don't will be using XP only. So it's not perfect replacement however the use of XP will significantly decrease.

I've been using Windows 7 as my primary OS for more than a month now and I can tell that it's rock solid and very stable. Also games perform much better on Windows 7.
Support for older software is also very good in Windows 7. I'm playing World of Warcraft on Windows 7 which was released way back in 2004 and it works very well.
IMO Windows 7 will rock and it's the best Windows installment till date.....but not the best OS.

rohan_kumar011

Don't fear Rohan is here
Windows 7 does ROCK, and is probably the best Windows OS evr released!
Otherwise there are MACs consuming less resources giving equivalent GUI and linux machines reducing costs along with reducing system resource needs altogether. Also, since most of the world knws computer = windows...yes it does seem that its a return for microsoft thru win 7 & as for the Xbox 360, microsoft has already started work opvr xboz 720....as reported in Digit longgg back!

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
I 2 tried both Beta and RC Versions of Windows 7, though I didn't shift to Windows 7 - It's damn good from Visual effects to performance :)

To the exact question, YES and NO.

YES because we once again have a version of windows which is light(er), stable(r) and feature rich compared to the previous FLOP edition. This will definitely make windows users happy.

NO because the damage was already done with vista. There was an exodus among many to Linux/Mac and by now many (not all) of them are comfortable with that and may not be willing to come back to windows.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ can you click the Post Quick Reply button once and wait for the page to load automatically?

Ontopic:
lol, I've used Windows Vista for less than 20minutes in my life. :lol:
Windows 7 is good though.

^^Bug in my mouse. Double Click happens instead of single click 40% of the time. :cry:

There is a REASON my friends were jelous of me in pistol matches in counter-strike. I could fire @ 140% the speed of others. :lol:

Its also the reason I seem to run out of Ammo faster than ever in UrT :mad:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
err lol..change your mouse orientation to left-handed then...:p

And stop using G36 in UrT. You fire way too fast for it.

err lol..change your mouse orientation to left-handed then...:p

Good idea actually :eek:
But right click also turns to double right click 10% of the time.
Anyway, since I'm one of those guys who can use both hands, I say why not ?

And stop using G36 in UrT. You fire way too fast for it.

Thats because of double click. Any tips ? BTW, don't take this post offtopic. Post reply in UrT thread :D

Rahim

Married!
I dont see why one raises this question now? Microsoft will always be the leader is OS no matter what. As for the mis-leading title, Microsoft never went off the scene. So why this talk of them coming back. Look around most of the Monitors have Windows OS (different versions). So its a win-win situation for MS.

This is my expereince: Using Linux for 2 years full time, i am finding very confusing to work with Windows 7. Now my mind is used to the Linux way and I might never switch to Windows again. I dont now whether that is a good or a bad thing. One thing i have to concede is i never used Vista so doesnt have 1st time experience with its bad things (i read a lot of its negative reviews though). WIndows 7 is definitely better in looks.

Is there any way i can turn my KDE 4 windows to use glass effects on the borders?

*th07.deviantart.net/fs8/300W/i/2005/334/8/8/LINUX_by_zachk.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any way i can turn my KDE 4 windows to use glass effects on the borders?

*th07.deviantart.net/fs8/300W/i/2005/334/8/8/LINUX_by_zachk.jpg
RTFM :p

Enable kwin-composite and look at the plugins available. Also think of changing the desktop theme (I use the elegence theme with black panels instead of the default ugly blue panel).

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
To the exact question, YES and NO.

YES because we once again have a version of windows which is light(er), stable(r) and feature rich compared to the previous FLOP edition. This will definitely make windows users happy.

NO because the damage was already done with vista. There was an exodus among many to Linux/Mac and by now many (not all) of them are comfortable with that and may not be willing to come back to windows.

how much was that percentage? 1%? 2%?

And look at the netbooks 98% is on windows when compared to less than 10% before all of the manufacturers started providing windows XP netbook edition. So, Overall, nothing was lost for Microsoft and win7 will only increase the market share.

Thanks to the recession, more people are going for PCs and windows/linux notebooks instead of macbooks.

All that I am seeing here is increase in market share for Microsoft when we combine netbook+notebook+tablets+phones+PCs.

And this happened during the time of Vista. Imagine what will happen when win7 goes public.

how much was that percentage? 1%? 2%?

And look at the netbooks 98% is on windows when compared to less than 10% before all of the manufacturers started providing windows XP netbook edition. So, Overall, nothing was lost for Microsoft and win7 will only increase the market share.

Thanks to the recession, more people are going for PCs and windows/linux notebooks instead of macbooks.

All that I am seeing here is increase in market share for Microsoft when we combine netbook+notebook+tablets+phones+PCs.

And this happened during the time of Vista. Imagine what will happen when win7 goes public.

Obviously windows still has extremely high market share.

But even 0.25% of total computer owners who switched to linux/mac and out of that a 0.1% who decide to stay form a NUMERICALLY HUGE NUMBER. :-|

For every guy like me or a_rahim microsoft is loosing a customer = 5000 Rupees. Plus guys like this switch more people to linux. Meaning more loss. :p

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes it is able to install in atleast XP i don't know about Vista. I don't think that Windows 7 will be perfect replacement as it requires atleast 512 mb of RAM. Although most of the computers today have more than or atleast 512 mb of RAM but those who don't will be using XP only. So it's not perfect replacement however the use of XP will significantly decrease.

Hardware has become so cheap these days and most of the branded PCs and Laptops are shipped with at least 2GB of RAM and a decent Graphic Card. Vista couldn't utilise low end graphic cards very well but i think Windows 7 will definitely do it. Moreover very very few amount of people have less then 512MB RAM, majorly due to dads not allowing upgrade or higher configuration is not needed. Some day or the other they'll have to upgrade weather it is for Windows or not. Previously Yahoo Messenger used to eat 5-10MB of RAM, but today it eats a minimum of 25MB of RAM.
I think Windows 7 will rock, coz of extreme stability and great interface. I have totally shifted from Vista to Windows 7 RC

Hardware has become so cheap these days and most of the branded PCs and Laptops are shipped with at least 2GB of RAM and a decent Graphic Card. Vista couldn't utilise low end graphic cards very well but i think Windows 7 will definitely do it. Moreover very very few amount of people have less then 512MB RAM, majorly due to dads not allowing upgrade or higher configuration is not needed. Some day or the other they'll have to upgrade weather it is for Windows or not. Previously Yahoo Messenger used to eat 5-10MB of RAM, but today it eats a minimum of 25MB of RAM.
I think Windows 7 will rock, coz of extreme stability and great interface. I have totally shifted from Vista to Windows 7 RC
You forgot that windows 7 not just ships with new OEM PCs but people also buy it to install in old desktops.

Windows 7 obviously won't affect modern desktop buyers. Even most mediocre hardware today runs it blazing fast.

But its the old PC users who need to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom