Can laptop share screen without graphic card?

cleanshot

Right off the assembly line
Hello there,

I recently bought a second hand Lenovo T410 which is suppose to have a inbuilt graphic card. But when I checked the system after purchase :( I found the system had no? graphic card installed. Screenshot attached. I'm confused.

gpx.jpg

The reason for the post is, the laptop comes with a digital port, and I want to connect the laptop to my TV for watching movies and stuff. But before I order the Digital port to HDMI converter, I want to understand if this laptop is capable of sharing its screen with my TV. The display looks pretty old, and the resolution supported is 1280x800.

Thank you for your help.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Post screen shot of Device Manager, expand the Display Adapters header.

Also, install updated drivers from the manufacturer's site.

OP
C

cleanshot

Right off the assembly line
Post screen shot of Device Manager, expand the Display Adapters header.

Also, install updated drivers from the manufacturer's site.

Hey man,

I checked it out. It says driver is upto date. Attached is the screen shot of the device manager and directx diagnostic tool.

device.jpg

display.jpg

A

amit.tiger12

You want to use TV as projector??
Use VGA cable, there is no need of graphic card for that, Intel's inbuilt works fine on this small things. If any problems, update or reinstall VGA drivers.
VGA to HDMI converter can be helpful. But it will not work as good as normal HDMI connection.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Well, clearly, it isn't upto date. Otherwise, you'd be getting Intel HD xxxx instead of Standard VGA.
Again, download and install the VGA driver from manufacturer's site manually.

+1 to this

Update graphics drivers from intel website and nvidia website both

Top Bottom