Can Indian ICICI credit card be used at US based shopping websites ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
I use my SBI International Credit Card, to make software purchases routinely.I have also made across-the-counter store purchases using the card while in US.

If you have any doubts on your card, just call your card helpline (mostly toll-free) and confirm.Not a big deal:p.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Only ICICI and SBI have toll free customer cares and that too for MTNL/BSNL users only. Though the card can be used on any site

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
But what about the conversion rate then, suppose if i buy something worth 100$ from a website, considering the dollar to INR rate is 40 Rs at that time, what will i be charged on my card ? Will it be Rs. 4000

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
On my card there is a Foreign Currency Transaction Fee in which the conversion rate is marked up by 3.5% - too little to be bothered about.. In fact I had never bothered to look up the exact quantum till today:) though I knew there is some additional charge.

This charge may be different on different cards. Please check your card's website for tariff details or call your helpline and ascertain the quantum for your card.(unless of course an ICICI card holder here can give the exact quantum)

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
And, yep, most US online shopping sites are not willing to ship outside USA and hence do not take orders for hardware items on International credit cards . But these policies are clearly mentioned on their websites.

As an exception,there are a few vendors who do take international orders and ship.There was a query on this subject on this very forum sometime back and it was answered.( I do not remember the details though) You may search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom