Can i surf on a dedicated server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobinjv

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,
I am a newbie here. Hope all the experts here can help me solve my doubts and problem.

Well, Unfortunately I find myself put up in Saudi Arabia. Due to the religious regulation and the etc etc almost all social networking sites are blocked here. It thus becomes impossible to access sites like facebook, orkut and many more.

I am just pondering over an idea now. If I rent a dedicated server will I be able to do a remote desktop connection on to the server and use the internet browser to surf the net. Up till now I used a seedbox to seed so I presume I will be able to seed torrents also on the dedicated server.

Please help me out. The only other way is satellite internet which is way too expensive here.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I am just pondering over an idea now. If I rent a dedicated server will I be able to do a remote desktop connection on to the server and use the internet browser to surf the net. Up till now I used a seedbox to seed so I presume I will be able to seed torrents also on the dedicated server.

Yes you would be if the system supports RDC under GUI :) and for torrents there is TorrentFlux :D

anyway for surfing have your tried any proxy softwares yet ??

OP
J

jobinjv

Yes you would be if the system supports RDC under GUI :)

Could u throw a little more light on RDC working under GUI.

and for torrents there is TorrentFlux :D

I am presently using TorrentFlux but if i can have a Dedicated server then i wouldn't have to shell out for torrentflux

anyway for surfing have your tried any proxy softwares yet ??

Could u recommend a few good proxy softwares. I am not too sure as to if it will work here. Every new anonymous surf site last just a week or more before they too are blocked.:mad:

God bless India.. I really miss the land now. ;)

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
anon proxies too are found and banned? :evil: I think only illegal ways(warez) are there to rest with ur cause.I dont have any source though.remember ,it is saudi arabia where wahabbi terrorists controls.also shari-ath is followed :twisted:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
If thats the case and only way left is via Dedicated server, here is a solution

Get a linux VPS with 256MB RAM. Windows would be expensive due to license costs. Intall GNOME and Firefox and VNC on it via SSH.

Connect via VNC and surf on Firefox :). All this could cost you around 10-15$ a month

OP
J

jobinjv

Get a linux VPS with 256MB RAM. Windows would be expensive due to license costs. Intall GNOME and Firefox and VNC on it via SSH.

That seems a gud idea. Thanks dude. Any more suggestions.

Since I'm not too familiar with dedicated server n stuff, will a web hosting server do. N could some recommendations be made on cheap dedicated servers.

Another thing that I chanced upon was Virtual Dedicated server.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom