can anyone suggest the best drivers for my geforce fx 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

premrajeev

Journeyman
hey can anyone suggest the best drivers for my geforce fx 5200 ?
I am using winxp sp2, athlonxp 1400+, DFI AM75TC mobo with KT133 chipset. Using this as a standby system, as i have built a new athlon 64, but still love to keep it healthy. My cousins plays lots of games on this pc, so i would like to know which is the best version of drivers for my agp card.

anuraag_01

Broken In
the nvidia drivers ver7X.XX are new and reliable...i am using that. u can find that in the digit dvd a few months back...can't remember the month though

anuraag_01

Broken In
i am not sure what u mean by the best...

just fillow the thumb rule, when it comes to driver, graphix card or anything.. go for the latest and if everything's okay, stick to it...if not then try one version earlier(or whatever u have).

i think that should solve ur problem!

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
But friends, I had a peculiar problem and I do not know why. I too have a GF5200 from XFX. I do not use the XFX drivers from the CD. I have used the forceware drivers from nvidia and always got very excited when newer versions came out. It was OK upto ver 71.84. When I downloaded and installed ver 77.72, I could not play Farcry and HL2 (even the initial screens do not come). Among the latest FPS's I could only play Doom 3. Can anyone come up with any suggestions as to the solutions to this peculiar problem?

Regards,

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
For my XFX 5600 Ultra, (which is quite close to a 5200 ), I personally tested every possible drivers realeased till now for optimised performance and I found that using either 56.64 or 66.93 along with Coolbits gives me the best performance !!!!!!

The new set of release 70 drivers are giving me many problems... especially 77.72 (winXP SP2) where the frame rates of games like Far Cry , Doom 3, (which otherwise play smoothly) , show a rapid drop and videos in any media player shows extensive colouration.

For performance - Overdrive Apocalypse v77.76

Image quality - Omega v1.7776

Both can be found at guru3d.com, nVidia modified drivers section.

Keith

OP
P

premrajeev

Journeyman
Keith !

Once again u helped me man...and many others I believe. Thanks...

U r a real soulsaver man...

Keep up the good work. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom