can anyone identify this music player

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
There was a tweet mentioning that this is a very nice music player, yet they didn't mention the name and the screenshot has no title. So if anyone knows, please tell me

Photo Album - Imgur

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
that's bad. The tweet said "how could a media player this good not have caught on more". How could something yet to be released have caught on already?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it so? To me, it looks like Zune. I have it installed some time back.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
this was one reddit. How could a music player as nice as this not caught on more? : technology

I think they are talking about zune player

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
No idea about WP Mango and Win 8. MS might want to make WMP like Zune, but this is definitely Zune. No doubt about that.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I think it's zune player for PC. If it is, then the reason it hasn't caught on more is that it's setup file is 119 MB which I'm currently downloading. Compare that to mediamonkey's setup which is less than 8 MB

Edit:
Yes, it is in fact zune player for windows. I downloaded and installed it. It is real nice to look at and animations are also good. I would be able to tell about the functionality only after I have used it for a while.

Thanks guys for helping me identify the software, it was driving me crazy :D :) :)

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
It is Zune Player. Heard a lot about it, though never really used it. Downloading it at the moment, UI in the screenshots looks sexy!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Somehow, I just don't like the interface of Zune. A bit too garish for my liking. Give me the black subtlety of Winamp or Songbird any day or the elegance of MediaMonkey any day. Personal preference I guess.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
yeah, right. Personal preferences vary a lot. We cannot just say that it is bad though we can definitely say it's good. As far as I am concerned, Zune player is just fantastic, I'm loving the interface. and a disclosure, I've never liked winamp very much
I am unable to comment on the sound quality of Zune though cuz my speaker is not working properly.

One unrelated comment: No music player makes music sound as good as Adobe soundbooth. On exactly the same hardware, soundbooth improves the sound quality somewhat

Tech&ME

Banned
It is ZUNE Player from Microsoft.
I have it on my computer. And it is really MUSIC to the EAR!!

(It plays music much much better and gives a tuf competition to iTUNES, so lets say its an iTunes replacement from MS) cheers!! :)

Top Bottom