Can 2 OS (Operating Systems) be installed in one laptop?

clerkman1612

Journeyman
Is it possible that 2 Separate Operating Systems (One Win 7 64-Bit and One Win 7 32-Bit) can be installed in a same laptop?:cool: I meant these both OS should be in one laptop at the same time. And one more question. If I put 4 GB RAM in the laptop, then will Both OS will detects whole 4 GB RAM in their respective systems.:? and Will I need to get separate software driver for my (Discrete) Graphics Card for the respective OS?:?: Plz tell me Thanks in Advance. Sorry By 2 OS I meant One Win 64-Bit and One Windows XP.

Last edited:

aniket.cain

Padawan
I would assume you don't want to install both of them to the same partition.
You can install the 2 OS's in two separate partitions. In fact, I am using 3 on mine.
About the RAM, 64bit Windows will use 4GB, but the 32bit Windows will detect the 4GB but will use only 3GB.
And yes, for the different OS's, you'll need different drivers.

Last edited:
Is it possible to manually install them on Dell laptops ? (Studio 15)
I heard that it is difficult in dell laptops to install a new OS.... ??

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yea.. They can be. The problem comes when you are trying to install the Operating systems of different generations(like Xp,7). you should install the latest one first and then the older one. Else, you'll end up booting only one OS (older one). Unless.. you use Softies like EasyBCD.

Yea.. They can be. The problem comes when you are trying to install the Operating systems of different generations(like Xp,7). you should install the latest one first and then the older one. Else, you'll end up booting only one OS (older one). Unless.. you use Softies like EasyBCD.

I knew that. And i'm currently having XP and win 7 in my PC. I was asking about other problems...

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If you are using the other OS for trivial purposes, I suggest running it in a Virtual machine. Saves space and gets the job done.

Is it possible in Dell XPS 15 ?

How to install it in it ?(Any tutorial links)
How to format the partitions in the same ?

During partitioning,there are so much back up files provided by dell na, how to retain them ?
Or how to back up them ?

J

Joker

just install windows using the dvd again in some other partition. boot loader will fix itself and show you two options.

Top Bottom