camera for 13K

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
hey everyone ....need some advise on buying a digital camera at round 13K bucks...Did some research and have shortlisted canon SX110 , SX100 and sony W270 till now .....please suggest

nikhilpai

Techans
Sony W270 MRP is Rs.15900.Should be available at a street price of Rs.15.5k. Its a very good compact camera.

Rest of the cameras you mention are prosumer cameras and are slightly bulkier.

Depends on your needs whether you want Point & Shoot or Prosumer

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
already have a sony W150 ....need a set for use at home ......was thinking along the lines of a prosumer as it would have more features....what is the canon SX110 retailing at?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Whats the starting price of DSLRs ? I think you can get one for 16K...

An entry level DSLR is good for nothing. You are better off with a good prosumer camera. The cheapest options available in DSLR are Nikon D40x & Sony Alfa.

@OP - Go with Canon SX 110 IS

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
thanks cool G5.....by the way was checking out some of the threads on this forum ....they said that I can get the sony H series (H10 I think) at around the same cost ....any suggestions ?

Also someone said that the SX110 has a larger sensor than the W270 so the images are more crisp ...is this true? The only features that the sony missed out on are the 10X zoom and the ability to go to exposure times of 15sec...other than that it can take faster shots ...the battery lasts longer and the flash charges faster .......

am confused as hell ...help

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
just checked out the list in jan 2009 issue of better photography, it recommends the fujifilm and nikon cameras over the sony ones .....guys ...really need help...

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
thanks cool G5.....by the way was checking out some of the threads on this forum ....they said that I can get the sony H series (H10 I think) at around the same cost ....any suggestions ?

Also someone said that the SX110 has a larger sensor than the W270 so the images are more crisp ...is this true? The only features that the sony missed out on are the 10X zoom and the ability to go to exposure times of 15sec...other than that it can take faster shots ...the battery lasts longer and the flash charges faster .......

am confused as hell ...help

I have seen both the camera's (H10 & SX 110 IS). Though not on bad side the H10 but I prefer Canon.

The W270 is a point & shoot pocketable camera while the SX 110 IS is a prosumer one. Comparing the two is not possible since they are targeted at different audience. I would strongly recommend you to go for the SX 110 IS. For exposure time of 15 secs you will require a tripod to help you or you will end up blurring the shot irrespective of the camera used. Also higher focal length(zoom) reuire tripod or you need to be steady while depressing the shutter button.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
just got a hold of my friends SX100 took some long exposure shots during the evening ....the results ...even when the camera was placed on a wall (no tripod) are pretty good....if the SX110 is better than this then its worth going for....

Off topic: is there any way that my sony W150 can take 5-6 sec exposure shots???

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
just got a hold of my friends SX100 took some long exposure shots during the evening ....the results ...even when the camera was placed on a wall (no tripod) are pretty good....if the SX110 is better than this then its worth going for....

Off topic: is there any way that my sony W150 can take 5-6 sec exposure shots???

SX 110 IS is an upgrade to SX 100 IS. Both the camera's are almost identical except the SX 110 IS has 9 MP sensor instead of 8MP on SX 100 IS.

Regarding W150, I don't think you will be able to take them since AFAIK it doesn't support them.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
will check them out........It seems that only the canon cameras have the 15sec exposure thing....other companies only add this feature in the DSLRs

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
hmm i think others should have that too.. try DSLR-like cameras.. you might have to increase a budget a little.

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
hey, canon sx 110 is not available for rs 13K. i got it at Rs 16K...
and buddy, the 10 X does matter here....no matter how rarely u mite use the zoom function, u will be most likely to use the zoom things very regularly.
if u are worried about The Megapixel thing as well as the zoom utility> go for the sony Hl editions> its within Rs 20K.
happy getiing confused!~ (i was yesterday!! not now !!)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I would advise against getting camera's from Sony especially those on the higher side.
Nothing beats Canon & Nikon when it comes to sheer performance. Though you will need to spend since performance doesn't come cheap.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
^ thats right man. . even I am against it.. have been fooled by them ealier but not anymore.. even the Leica Lens on Panasonic are good.. they are on podium on all the reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom