Camera around Rs.30000/- and Rs.20000/-

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Looking at the specs the canon goes down to f/8 at max zoom whereas the Pana stays at a wonderful f/2.8 .. Am I missing something here?

Because that is a MASSIVE difference in favor of the Pana...

@nick191: Trust us. Get the Pana. tkin knows what he's talking about. You probably have no idea how much overrated the "extra" zoom is without a tripod. But the extra aperture is going to make a world of difference to those bird shots you are invariably thinking of :>

digit.sh

Journeyman
He can get E-PM1 and 14-42 from here: Olympus E-PM1 Mirrorless - Olympus: Flipkart.com

Later he can get 40-150 from somewhere else, whenever available.

Oh wait! The same are available as a combo offer @infibeam :)
Olympus E-PM1 With ( 14-42 mm +40-150 mm) Lens Price in India, Olympus E-PM1 With ( 14-42 mm +40-150 mm) Lens Reviews, Buy Olympus Camera Online - Infibeam.com

^Get this combo eye closed.

AMTECH69

Broken In
Has anybody tried Fujifilm HS30EXR?.
The specs seems to be appealing with manual (barrel) zoom and lots of other features.
Please check: Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Point & Shoot - Fujifilm: Flipkart.com

tkin

Back to school!!
Has anybody tried Fujifilm HS30EXR?.
The specs seems to be appealing with manual (barrel) zoom and lots of other features.
Please check: Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Point & Shoot - Fujifilm: Flipkart.com
I'd say good, BUT it has manual zoom, but it's not an DSLR so at the end you lose the flexibility for which you buy a bridge in the first place, plus as you can see here image quality is sub par compared to similarly priced FZ150 and HX200: Fujifilm HS30 EXR quality | Cameralabs

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys what about Sony HX200V, it has 30x optical zoom.
Good, but you can't take pics like these:

*www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_FZ200/images/results/lumix_fz200_400mm_dof.jpg

*www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_FZ200/images/results/lumix_fz200_600mm_dof.jpg

This is what that F2.8 constant achieves for the FZ200. The HX200v is a nice cam nonetheless but the 18mpx sensor has issues, Sony pushed to way too high: Sony HX200V vs Panasonic FZ60 / FZ62 vs HS30 EXR | Cameralabs
Actually compared to HX200v, HX100v is more vfm.

sujoyp

Grand Master
hmmm but in any case fz200 is bit special :D i would love to get some thing like that with a m4/3 sensor ;)

ruturaj3

Journeyman
I don't think my dad will give me 34k for fz200, i am trying to convince him for sony hx200. Any major drawback of it?

sujoyp

Grand Master
fz200 cost around 27-28k not 34k

PANASONIC LUMIX DMC FZ 200 SUPER ZOOM CAMERA 12 MP 24X OPTICAL ZOOM LEICA LENS | eBay

tkin

Back to school!!
I don't think my dad will give me 34k for fz200, i am trying to convince him for sony hx200. Any major drawback of it?
Loss of detail due to high resolution low size sensor, and also due to noise reduction and finally average low light performance, and aperture too high at tele end, making low light shots a pain, so yeah, get SX50HS compared to HX200v if you can't get 28k for FZ200.

fz200 cost around 27-28k not 34k

PANASONIC LUMIX DMC FZ 200 SUPER ZOOM CAMERA 12 MP 24X OPTICAL ZOOM LEICA LENS | eBay
This or a Micro Four third... hmm, oh hell, I think my first months salary will be eaten up by this :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
tkin ...problem with olympus m4/3 are poor grip due to small size....to hold a 700gm lens in front u need to have a good grip of cam....This way panasonic G series r bit better

olympus m4/3 r good upto twin lens combo + small prime lenses

tkin

Back to school!!
tkin ...problem with olympus m4/3 are poor grip due to small size....to hold a 700gm lens in front u need to have a good grip of cam....This way panasonic G series r bit better

olympus m4/3 r good upto twin lens combo + small prime lenses
Yeah, I was thinking about Panasonic G series, photos look really good under those, else I'll go for mirrorless like Nex 5

Top Bottom