Camera around Rs.30000/- and Rs.20000/-

nick191

Journeyman
Hello guys I want to buy new camera but badget is not fixed...
So please suggest me one around Rs.20,000/- and another around Rs.30,000/-
Features that I want

Blazing fast capture
CMOS
High Optical Zoom
Compact Size

Last edited:

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Olumpus XZ1 (sujoy is going to recommend it anyway)

Recommending LX5 or TZ30 doesn't make sense as TZ40 and LX7 are out and will be available soon

Sony RX100

sujoyp

Grand Master
Olumpus XZ1 (sujoy is going to recommend it anyway)

Recommending LX5 or TZ30 doesn't make sense as TZ40 and LX7 are out and will be available soon

Sony RX100

LOL prashant...from now I will suggest XZ2 ;) but the OP needs high optical zoom which this wont provide :)

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
^My bad.

@OP The ones nac suggested are sadly the best ones available right now. But I m waiting for TZ40. The OIS in it is even better than LX7.
If you want manual controls go for sx240
if not go for hx20v

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes pen series is nice but to get high zoom he have to extend the budget to around 35k

he have the option of FZ200 too :)

digit.sh

Journeyman
yes pen series is nice but to get high zoom he have to extend the budget to around 35k

he have the option of FZ200 too :)

He can get Olympus EPM1 + 14-42 + 40-150 within 30k. Its the best deal for him. Why buy a PS when you get a DSLR plus two lenses, all within 30k ? It beats every PS and superzoom and those so called "bridge cameras" hands down. Remember, 14-42 and 40-150 are equivalent to 28-84 and 80-300 in 35mm terms. So it fits his requirements.
See this: Olympus PEN E-PM1 Digital Camera - Now Available in Mumbai , India
Its Out of stock here, but it sells in flipkart at about the same price. He can get it from local shops at lower price I think.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@digit.sh it was selling in diwali and some times around that ...but I havent seen that combo anywhere now...last I heard it will cost 34k now

if u can guide the op and give a link I will be very happy :)

digit.sh

Journeyman
@digit.sh it was selling in diwali and some times around that ...but I havent seen that combo anywhere now...last I heard it will cost 34k now

if u can guide the op and give a link I will be very happy :)

He can get E-PM1 and 14-42 from here: Olympus E-PM1 Mirrorless - Olympus: Flipkart.com

Later he can get 40-150 from somewhere else, whenever available.

Oh wait! The same are available as a combo offer @infibeam :)
Olympus E-PM1 With ( 14-42 mm +40-150 mm) Lens Price in India, Olympus E-PM1 With ( 14-42 mm +40-150 mm) Lens Reviews, Buy Olympus Camera Online - Infibeam.com

tkin

Back to school!!
For 30k get Panasonic FZ200 eyes closed, its the best bridge cam ever and the F2.8 upto 600mm will pretty much blow everything short of a DSLR away:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Review: Digital Photography Review
Panasonic FZ200 vs Canon SX50 HS | Cameralabs
Panasonic FZ200 vs Canon SX50 HS | Cameralabs

For 20k you have its sibling, the venerable Panasonic FZ150, same as FZ200 except no auto panorama and aperture varies with zoom:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Review - Conclusion | PhotographyBLOG
Panasonic FZ150 vs HX100V vs SX40 HS vs FZ47 / FZ48 | Cameralabs
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Review: Digital Photography Review

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys how is this one Nikon P501 ?

Nikon Imaging Asia Pacific
FZ150 should be better than this, except the zoom: Head to Head: Nikon P510 Vs. Panasonic FZ150 - DigitalCamerainfo.com

Also you can compare the P510 withthe FZ150 head to head here: Nikon Coolpix P510 Review: Digital Photography Review

Click compare and select FZ150, and check it.

tkin

Back to school!!
This one ?

PowerShot SX50 HS - Canon India - Personal
Good but for the price it goes FZ200 is better, the zoom range on SX50 is amazing but at max zoom the aperture narrows considerably unlike FZ200 which is fixed, so lower shutter speed could cause blurry image(OIS has its limits), plus taking a pic at max zoom like SX50 would be difficult unless you are completely stationary.

*www.ebay.in/itm/PANASONIC-LUMIX-DM...ng_Zoom_Cameras_Above_10X&hash=item19d882880c

PS: FZ200 has a faster AF, and takes better pics at relatively high iso.

Use this link again: *www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz200/13
Compare with SX50, it got a bad score/72% only.

OP
nick191

nick191

Journeyman
may be i will buy this one

Nikon COOLPIX P510 Digital Camera - Black | eBay

OR this one

Canon Powershot SX50 HS Disgital camera | eBay

Top Bottom